The Albert Club is a sports and social club in Didsbury, Manchester.
We have six tennis courts, three of which need re-surfacing. After 15 years of social tennis, coaching, matches and tournaments they are worn, don’t drain well and in places are almost threadbare.
Over the years, we estimate that the old courts have:
- Staged over 1400 social sessions.
- Seen over 8000 hours of junior coaching.
- Encouraged over 750 adults to get up of the sofa and try tennis for the first time.
- Been enjoyed by students from dozens of schools and colleges.
- Helped nurture two future Wimbledon stars - Liam and Naomi Broady.
The re-surfaced courts will continue to play a key role in the coaching and the social tennis that the Albert is so good at.
The estimated cost to re-surface them is around £50,000. The club has a long term sinking fund but this won't cover the full amount needed. That’s why we’re crowdfunding to help fill this gap.
So let’s make it game, set and match to the Albert, and ensure that our tennis section continues to thrive.