SAVE A FINE BALANCE
The pandemic has seriously impacted the viability of A Fine Balance (Yoga Studio). It has also been a huge catalyst for a global mental health crisis, which means our services are needed now more than ever!
In 2016, A Fine Balance's co-founder Hannah suffered a breakdown and a period of depression. It was due to not having the right life~work balance... She decided to train to be a yoga teacher and from this, the idea for A Fine Balance was born.
The purpose of A Fine Balance is to help people find more balance in life. A much needed service for our community especially during these challenging times.
WHAT WE HAVE DONE SO FAR
Our physical studio was closed for more than half of 2020. We have done all we can to adapt:
- We pivoted this small family run business online - we livestream our timetable of yoga and meditation classes to help people access the benefits from the safety of their homes.
- We offer free sessions to those struggling financially that need wellbeing support.
- We have invested in new technology and trained our teachers to use it.
- We have reduced our costs as much as possible.
- We have applied for all of the government grants we can.
- We have done rigorous marketing and campaigns across our social media platforms.
- We have partnered with other local businesses to promote our services.
So many yoga studios have closed already. We really hope to hang in there but with each week that goes by it gets more challenging financially, mentally and emotionally.
With our new livestream services, we have an incredible opportunity to reach so many more people - much further than the geographical constrains of our physical studio.
How can you help?
Your donations will be used to help us:
- Cover our overheads (loans, rent, utilities, website, mindbody)
- Help us provide our teachers and staff with income
- Offer an incredibly important service to our community
- Continue to provide concessionary classes to those struggling financially
- Help us develop our livestream and virtual wellbeing services to help more people find balance wherever they are in the UK (or even world)
- Survive the challenging months we have ahead of us and keep hold of the physical studio.
Even if you have not managed to join one of our classes yet but like the sound of our purpose, please do consider supporting us
Thank you so much for reading.