We are fundraising to purchase materials for our free art classes offering creative activities for the deeside and donside communities post-lockdown.
With the aim to increase personal wellbeing, community engagement and social participation.
the project offers:
- Weekly classes for adults, young people and children - 2D & 3D skills (painting, drawing, sculpting).
- Community-wide Art events: Sculpture-making and public trail; Lantern-making and public parade; Mural painting at a public location; Art Exhibitions open to the wider public.
- Scheduled one-to-one sessions – individual and small group work supporting Creativity development.
- Master’s Workshops for children and adults – more advanced skills’ development opportunities.
- Drop-in timetable – opportunities to watch the artist at work
- Artist’s talks – art history presentations
The project has been initiated by Upper Deeside artist Stéphanie Vandem in collaboration with Mid Deeside Community Trust and Aboyne & Mid-Deeside Community Shed.
Stéphanie is a qualified teacher, former head of department and practicing artist with a keen interest in the role of creativity in promoting wellbeing and cognitive development. Stéphanie has over 20 years of experience in delivering classes, workshops and community arts events to participants of all ages. She was the founder of ‘Scene on the Green’ (2013/14) a community arts hub with a weekly timetable of classes, workshops and community arts events. The hub worked closely with other creatives, community groups and voluntary organizations offering a home for their own creative activities and meetings. Over the one-year period, SOTG run five large community events such as a Sculpture Trail over the summer months, where several groups came together to create over 20 sculptures for the village and a Lantern Parade which run alongside the village’s bonfire night.
We are fundraising to purchase materials and extend the project beyond its funded 6 months.