The ABC Inventory MVP Android app has been recently released as a tool for tenants, landlords and property professionals to facilitate inventory taking in residential properties. It is an easy-to-use app that helps you to quickly take an inventory of a property. It does this by guiding you through relevant items, their condition, plus taking and storing photographs for documenting issues and keeping up to date records. We are currently working on adding more features and a web portal for landlords who want to manage their tenancies using all their property data in one place.
Please read on for more detail.
The Importance of Inventory Checking
Taking a full inventory at the start of a tenancy is very important for tenants as well as landlords. In 2007, the government introduced deposit protection schemes to ensure that rogue landlords cannot keep deposits unjustly. Since deposits are now managed by a third party, landlords must document and demonstrate legitimate claims to keep a deposit. Tenants in turn may want to dispute their deductions if they can present evidence that they did not cause the alleged damages.
Benefits of the App
- Peace of mind in case of any dispute whether you are a tenant or a landlord.
- Save money on paying for the inventories conducted by letting agents.
- Produce high quality digital PDF documents that can be easily stored and referred to for the duration of the tenancy.
- All physical property information is stored in one place in a database accessible on your mobile phone – very useful when handing emergency calls from tenants and agents.
We are now following up with the development of extended functionality and an improved user interface.
For this, we have engaged with KISS digital who are currently working with us on this new project.
The new app functionality will include:
- The inclusion of furnished properties
- Increasing the number of photographs that can be taken
- An option to subscribe to the Pro version with Web Portal access
What Web Portal Access will offer
The Web Portal development will allow landlords to manage all their properties in one place. It will consolidate all the data recorded in the inventory app and use it to produce detailed reports.
For landlords with several properties in their portfolio, this will aid day-to-day property management tasks. With all your inventories, it will be easy to filter and analyse your data to check on specific details, e.g. list all white goods or central heating installations across all properties.
In the near future, we would also like to add key property management functions such as expenses management, a profit/loss dashboard, tenancy monitoring, rent tracking and more.