His aims are:
- Will face up to the climate crisis and push for a green transition, with carbon neutrality, biodiversity and social justice at its heart.
- Protect his beloved NHS from privatisation and the claws of corrupt free trade deals.
- Push for more affordable housing, rental regulations, and clamp down on landlords bypassing loopholes by solely renting to Airbnb. All areas affecting homelessness.
- Lobby for a living wage, improved job security and tighter regulations on the 'gig economy'.
- Ensure that any new developments require green spaces, trees and safer passageways for residents to walk and cycle.
- Support a better deal for Brexit and a referendum with remain on the ballot.
Growing up in Poole, John attended local schools before studying science at Bournemouth and Poole college. Later in life he began a degree in environmental science with the Open University, ultimately changing to an open degree focusing on politics and philosophy.
He has spent the majority of his adult life working as a mental health support worker, which has given him the freedom and the funds to travel extensively across the globe, learning much about other cultures.
He has been a vehement supporter of the rights of others from all works of life, and after supporting his local communities through different charities and projects, he spent the majority of 2016 volunteering in Greece within the refugee crisis.
Following this, in 2017 he stood for North Dorset as a parliamentary candidate, as he felt it imperative to speak truth to power and get the Green message out there.
"Since a child I have been a keen observer of the world, and have always sought to be a voice for the vulnerable. These past years have saddened me to see the Tories continue to ride roughshod over our NHS and allow homelessness and social care issues to deepen. That and the inability to face up to environmental responsibilities, have strengthened my desire to act to bring about a more equal and sustainable future
With the help of those around me in the Poole constituency, we can bring about change."
His voice is your voice,
Join him in the change.