On Saturday 24th October at 5pm we are going to be zooming you an amazing virtual second birthday party Saturday Gameshow fundraiser.
Celebrate Liverpool Cares birthday from the safety of your own home and join us for “A Game of Generations”.
Get your friends and family around the screen and get involved in Liverpool Cares interactive quiz bonanza. We will take you on a journey through Saturday nights traditional games shows, from Play Your Cards Right to Family Fortunes, live from The Shed at the Baltic Creative.
There are lots of ways to get involved:
1) Join us on the night! Sign up to come along to our Gameshow Night here: https://bit.ly/30LvHU0 £5 suggested donation
They'll even be some great prizes available on the night for the winners of our games. As our Cilla said, it's going to be a "Lorra lorra laughs."
2) Buy a raffle ticket! We have some great prizes up for grabs including a Kindle (kindly donated by John Lewis), a bottle of delicious Edinburgh Gin and much more. Every pound will go towards making our winter activities possible, and when you think of it like that, "the price is certainly right"!
3) Donate! If can't come along on the night and don't fancy a raffle prize, why not make a donation to Liverpool Cares to help us celebrate! And when £14 could support a phone call between an older and younger neighbour, it really will make a difference this winter.
About our activities:
No one should experience isolation alone. That's why we need your help to fund:
- Online Social Clubs - We’re training older people to use Zoom to connect to our online Social Clubs, either via the internet or telephone.
- Phone friendships - We are piloting a phone friendship scheme with older people across our network who would like to talk to a volunteer on a regular basis.
- Connecting older people to vital services – Liverpool Cares has worked in the community for over eighteen months and is a trusted voice to many older neighbours. We’re supporting older Scousers with food and prescription deliveries, connecting them to health agencies, helping them to get financial advice, and so much more, to make sure no one falls between the gaps.
- Regular check-in calls – We’ve identified those who are most affected by isolation and our team are supporting them with dedicated one-to-one calls each week.
Your support is vital and will enable Liverpool Cares to continue our work during and long after this crisis.