We've all heard the terrace chant, we've all probably sang the terrace chant - but now let's all come together as fans united to help Steve Burr build a football team!
This project has been set up to raise money for Steve Burr and Jon McCarthy to strengthen the playing squad before the start of the 2015/16 season. The project has taken inspiration from Grimsby Town and Lincoln City who have run similar and succesful campaigns this pre-season.
Your one-off donation goes straight into Steve Burr's transfer kitty, which will give the Blues gaffer the chance to add to his playing squad before the end of the 2015 Summer Transfer Window.
Chester Football Club are a fan-owned football club in the Vanarama National League - the fifth tier of English football. Since our reformation in 2010, the club embarked on a stunning journey to the Conference, with three back-to-back promotions in the three seasons. The club is 100% fan owned, and relies heavily on the sterling work of the club's valued volunteers.
With Steve Burr at the helm, the Blues finished 12th in the Conference last season, a season which also saw the club embark on a run to the FA Cup Second Round.
As of the 10th August, the Blues added a series of new rewards including:
- Hospitality for eight with 'St' Andy Milner at the home fixture with Wrexham this season.
- A place on Steve Burr's golf team at the Chester FC Golf Day.
- A limited edition Craig Mahon 'The Irish Wizard' t-shirt.
- The Michael Wilde collection - matchworn boots, a signed hat trick ball, and a canvas.
- Steve Burr had a Dream scarves.
- Chester FC 'Our City, Our Community, Our Club' Tankard.
- An amazing not seen before A2 Framed Print of the design process used by Martin Huxley during the process of creating our Chester FC crest, a symbol of rebirth and hope for our club, a piece of history.
Jon McCarthy, Blues Assistant Manager and CEO of the Club’s Community Trust said: “We recognise how much our supporters already contribute to allow us to put a team out on the pitch that can compete at this level. We will never take that for granted.
“It is your city, your community, your club. If you have £1, or £20 or £100 to contribute it will all go towards the team that you see playing on your pitch each week. We don’t want to put a minimum or maximum donation out there, we want it to be something inclusive for every person in our Community.
“Myself, the gaffer and the players new and old all thank you for your amazing support already, and that it is a privilege to wear your shirt. Together everyone achieves more.”
This project offers rewards in return for your donation.