Help for Heroes provides support for wounded veterans both regular and reserve personnel who have suffered injuries or illness during, or as a result of, Service which impacts on their daily life. The Charity also helps their close family and dependents.
- Serving personnel who are medically downgraded and whose condition is likely to last 12 months or more and lead to a medical discharge, with an ongoing injury or illness that impacts on their daily life.
- Veterans with an ongoing injury or illness that impacts on their daily life who:
- Were medically downgraded for 12 months or more whilst in service with that condition
- Were medically discharged for that condition
- Were awarded a War Pension or an Armed Forces Compensation Scheme payment for that condition.
- Are living with an ongoing injury or illness from their time during service or as a result of their service