A bit about me
I used to be a teacher. After having complications with my pregnancy and falling into depression after having the baby, I was unable to go back to work. I wasn’t happy just being at home. I’ve always worked. Since I was 15 with my paper round! I have always loved parties, organising them and going to them! I’d plan and decorate events for family members and use any excuse to throw a party! I pulled myself out of postnatal depression by planning my baby boys 1st birthday party when he was only weeks old!! I loved it. It made me happy again. Now it’s all I want to do!
I used to dream of being a teacher and now I dream of planning and decorating beautiful weddings and events! When circumstances change; Dreams can change and that’s okay! This is something that i found hard to accept but it makes me happy and that is what's most important! Complications during pregnancy means I am disabled now but I make adjustments and with support from my family, I can be the boss babe I know I can be!
- It’s called “4YaParty Weddings & Events”
- I plan and decorate venues for all types of events including weddings, Baby and bridal showers, christenings and communions, corporate and charity events, adult and kids birthdays and lots more!
- My unique selling point is that many of my hire props are handmade using recycled materials. I try to make sure that my business doesn’t put any more pressure on landfill.
- I’ve been a sole trader since January 2019.
- I’m based in Beckenham (London/Kent Border) but I cover most of London, Kent and Surrey.
- I have a website which I built myself, www.4YaParty.co.uk
- I’m on every social media site using @4yaparty
Consists of my husband (the heavy!), sister and mum. They have been so supportive with my new business venture and helping me to be able to do this with my disability is just amazing. I owe them everything.
How this crowdfund will help me:
I started this business on £82 and for those of you with kids will know that is the amount of a months child benefit! Shhh don’t tell the baby lol! So things have been a little slow around here. This crowdfund will give me the ability to continue my professional development by giving me access to courses that will improve my skill set such as floristry and wall draping. It will give me the opportunity to get support with my marketing so that I can advertise with the big fish in the industry! It will help me get the tools I need to continue hand making props using recycled materials. It will help me with childcare so that I don't have to turn down events and so much more!
Please support my dream and pledge today!