Zumba uplifts everyone!
If you don't want to go the gym, join our ZUMBA EN FAMILIA sessions which will be delivered both online and in person with professional Zumba instructors ONLY, who know the authentic Colombian techniques of the Zumba rhythm!
"En familia" from Spanish means "with the family" or "in the family".
A LITTLE BACKGROUND ABOUT 4WINGS:
4Wings members trust us because we offer and guarantee a safe and non-judgmental environment where everyone's voice is raised (no matter where you come from, your religious background, your gender/sexual identity, how you dress or what color your skin is).
- Our vision is based on five core values: connecting people, connecting families, reducing social isolation, improving physical and mental health, creativity/having fun. Our mission is to ENGAGE, ENABLE and EMPOWER women.
- "It's not a Workout! It's a party!" said Alberto Perez, the Colombian Zumba inventor. 4Wings' Zumba en Familia objective is to lift up everyone who may want to take part in our sessions: teenagers or adults who may want to loose weight or improve physical health; physicaly fit people who don't like to share the space at the gym ;) or want to try a different, fun work out; beginners who are too shy and feel more protected in a reserved environment; and last but not least, people fighting social isolation.
We came up with this idea during pandemic times after seeing its negative impact on overall wellbeing. People's mental health and physical bodies have been adversely affected while staying home for several months.
It has been very difficult for our sessions to be delivered, including our usual drop-in service to support clients with: one-to-one coaching sessions, advocacy and personal development. Reserchers agree that hobbies and physical activities such as dance keep one's mind busy and helps one not to drown into depression. Statistics have proven that during traumatic events, those who were occupied in an activity, asserted they felt more positive and less adversely/negatively affected by their experience (in this case the pandemic).
- The money will go towards 12 weeks project costs: sourcing a professional Zumba instructor that will teach all the Colombian techniques of aerobic dances; contributing to the space costs for sessions; travel refunds for participants who are financially disdavantaged; refreshments and towards a project coordinator.
- 4Wings is BAME (Black and Minority Ethnic) led and all the projects that we deliver are always inclusive of people from all racial bacgrounds. We have had participants from Europe, Africa and the Americas. We do not condone any racist, prejudiced or aggressive behaviour. According to our Anti-Discrimination policy, 4Wings firmly believes that we are all equal.
- We will give rewards to those who respond first to support us! We THANK you!!