Our European Citizenship Is Being Stripped In Front of Our Eyes. If We Don't Defend It, We'll Lose It.
My name is Anthony. Thank you for dropping by.
The Aim of My Project
To bring Leavers and Remainers together in a tour-de-force of national anger and defiance against the corruption, social neglect and financial self-interest of the Conservatives and their backers.
How This Could Be Done:
Firstly, to offer the 16 million British citizens who voted to Remain in the EU but who are now being stripped of their European citizenship the opportunity to hold a symbolic European Citizen UK Passport (16M Passport).
Secondly, to extend the offer of the 16M Passport to all British citizens including as many Leavers as possible. Remember the referendum was not for your benefit whether you voted to Leave or Remain!
Money raised from the purchase of the 16M Passport will go directly to funding a national grass roots campaign and political manifesto.
Thirdly, the political objective of this national grass roots campaign will be the wholesale dismantling or sinking of the Conservative party (with an aim of zero Tory MPs) and their neo-liberal economic model that has put austerity*, the profit of bankers and the carving up of the United Kingdom by private corporations and an unaccountable super rich class above all other considerations in society.
*1.6 million people have received food parcels in the last year due to government austerity and cuts in the benefits system.
The Manifesto: Major Disruption To The Present Political System, including:
★Introduction of a public bursary and crowd fund sponsorship system for independent parliamentary candidates in order for all citizens in the UK to be able to stand for Westminster regardless of financial ability.
★The Prime Minister's salary to be based on performance set out in a public crowd fund.
★10 Downing Street. To be turned into a drop-in centre for London's homeless. The future role of a Prime Minister to include spending the first week of his/her premiership sleeping rough in a cardboard box on Embankment in London.
★Drafting of a constitution for a new English republic & devolution to an English parliament to sit and begin responsibilities within one year under a national English assembly, the constitution underpinned by Thomas Paine's Rights of Man.
★Immediate planning for the construction of a new English Parliament building outside London. Relocation of various government ministries to the north to part fulfil the promise of new jobs left vacant by the failure of the Conservatives northern powerhouse project.
The full manifesto can be found at the footer of this page starting after the final images.
Defending Our Right to European Citizenship
Why should divisive politicians, unscrupulous opportunists and their financial backers dictate the terms of our European citizenship by stripping us of our right to be a European citizen when the UK leaves the European Union?
Brexit is about the very rich making more money. And bankers seeking to avoid the EU's implementation of a new tax directive 2016/1164 that would make tax avoidance for bankers and corporations more difficult if the UK was part of the EU. While 0.1% will profit handsomely the rest of us will suffer for years to come; the United Kingdom becoming little more than a tax haven for the bankers and foreign super rich, and a banana republic for the rest of us.
There is a choice of five editions of the new 16M Passport in blue or red with chrome colour letter printing for each of the four countries of the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom 16M Passport is available in red and blue also with chrome letter printing.
What 16 Million People Can Do Collectively
If 1.6 million people (10% who voted to remain) bought the new 16M Passport we would have around £16 million in the 16M piggy bank.
-There are 16 million of us and that is a lot of people with a lot of power financially and democratically.
-16 million is a population more than Norway and Sweden combined.
-The total GDP per person of 16 million who voted to Remain is £700 billion which is greater than the economy of Switzerland.
-Based on the 2015 general election where about 25 million people voted, if 16 million voted (although the first past the post system the UK has is far from ideal) the 16M would obtain 390 seats in parliament.
Photo montage: Speaker the House of Commons the Right Honourable John Bercow MP calls for a meaningful first round crowd fund.
Photo montage: Carry on Brexit: The new 16M Passport will be made at a secret location in the UK.
Donating / The Cost of the Project / 16M Passport Per Unit
How will we get the 16M project off the ground?
Two rounds of crowd funding to be followed by the first editions of the 16M Passport by the end of the year.
The 16M Passport will be printed in the UK. (The Conservatives awarded the new post Brexit British passport contract to a French company to save costs.) You couldn’t make that up, if you tried. But it’s a fact.
In the first round we need to raise £100,000.
£100,000 will pay for an online media campaign and website for a larger crowd fund of £1,000,000.
I'm asking a minimum donation of £3.00. But really anything you can donate would be great. (Please see rewards for those who help by donating in the first round of the crowd fund.)
The £1,000,000 to be spent again on online advertising, publicity and building a web application that can process up to 16 million applications for the 16M Passport.
The price of the 16M Passport will be in the region of £7.00 to £10.00, all of which will go to fund the 16M campaign.
Let's not keep the future a secret any longer. Image on loan courtesy of Banksy
Photo montage: How the 16M Passport might look advertised at a bus shelter on Westminster Bridge Road, London.
About Me: Why I Decided to Start This Project
'Shat on by Tories. Shovelled up Labour.'
This is a line from the film, Withnail and I.
I can't think of a better way to sum up the politicians contempt for us all.
I didn't vote because I couldn't answer what I thought was such a flawed and divisive question as the one put forward in the referendum of 2016.
I sat on the fence until last autumn.
Then a Conservative politician made a remark regarding Ireland and food shortages being used as a bargaining chip in the Irish (EU) backstop negotiations.
Four decades of sectarian war is still raw in many parts of Ireland.* Hundreds of years of religious conflict and war in Ireland will not disappear over night. The Good Friday agreement is a fragile peace. This remark made me realise the Conservatives and the opportunists in the European Research Group pushing for a no-deal Brexit would happily watch Ireland slide into war again in order to profit.
With this in mind, I was no longer able to sit on the fence after this.
I'm from London and a graduate of the Royal College of Art, design school.
I make a living by teaching English and technology in Madrid.
All passport graphic design work and the manifesto has been done by myself over the last six months in my spare time.
But Now, I Need Your Help to Make This Project and Political Manifesto A Reality.
Please Contribute Whatever You Can. Even The Smallest Amount Is Important.
My aim is to raise £100,000 within 2 months. But if I raise the £100,000 within 1 month I will thank my supporters here on crowdfunder by doing a sponsored walking from Madrid to London (1,500 miles / 2,500 kms) this summer. Through this walk I will hope to raise more cash for the 16M Passport project.
The walk will take about 3 to 4 months to complete. I should arrive in London sometime in late October or November. This would be in addition to the planned second stage of crowd funding. More details of this to come.
Thank you for taking the time to read this far.
My manifesto follows below.
Anthony, Founder: 16M Passport
A number of suggestions and many readings of this project and manifesto were given by a friend, a lawyer and up until recently life long Conservative who voted to leave the EU.
The lawyer now believes the Conservative party has been extremely dishonest and divided the country by the wreckless ways, the referendum was conducted.
Scroll down for the manifesto
Don't forget that if you donate £20 or more you'll get a 'SHAT ON BY TORIES' t-shirt as a big thank you! More designs coming soon.
T-Shirts 1&2: Rewarding supporters with fashionable easy to wear summer t-shirts for men, women and younger folks in white type font on black, red and blue and black type font on white.
First 65 Points of My Manifesto
Major Political Reform Act
1. No politician, the Executive, Prime Minister or public servant shall be above the law.
2. No Prime Minister shall be exempt from criminal prosecution for war crimes.
3. No courts or tribunal within the UK shall pass judgement on criminal or civil law, operate outside of or be above the law of parliament or judgement in a court of law.
4. All politicians including the Executive must divest themselves of all financial interests for the term of their public duty and up to 5 years after.
Taking Back Control of Our Elected Representatives
5. Lying in public, giving misleading or false information by an elected representative to be made a criminal offence.
6. No individual or political party can stand without a clear public manifesto.
7. All politicians must be appropriately compensated but their public responsibility as elected representatives must not be usurped by private interest or nepotism.
8. The lobbying of politicians or any public servant by corporations, commercial or foreign commercial interest groups or political NGOs to be strictly prohibited under law.
9. Introduction of a public bursary and crowd fund sponsorship system for independent parliamentary candidates in order for all citizens in the UK to be able to stand for Westminster regardless of financial ability.
10. Ending of undisclosed financial contributions to political parties. Introduction of a crowd funding platform for political parties and parliamentary candidates.
11. The Prime Minister's salary to be based on performance set out in a public crowd fund.
12. 10 Downing Street. To be turned into a drop-in centre for London's homeless. The future role of a Prime Minister to include spending the first week of his/her premiership sleeping rough in a cardboard box on Embankment in London.
English Parliament Devolution Act
13. Drafting of a constitution for a new English republic & devolution to an English parliament to sit and begin responsibilities within one year under a national English assembly, the new constitution to be underpinned by Thomas Paine's Rights of Man.
14. The new constitution to be underwritten by five key principles that (1) the sovereignty of the new English republic will be defined by the new nation's ability to create wealth, whilst printing and owning 100% of its money;* (2) the end of privileges through titles or the accumulation of wealth that inflates land prices as to disadvantage others; (3) the end of food enclosures (through supermarkets and national corporations) that have created a criminal monopoly of food cartels and artificial prices whilst helping to destroy the high street and local business; (4) Universal separation of church (religions) and state; (5) Equality between men and women in all areas of life, work and earnings, public and private regardless of belief, culture, ethnic origin or religion.
*Currently 95% of money created in the UK is printed by private banks who profit directly from this and NOT the citizenry.
15. Immediate planning for the construction of a new English Parliament building outside London. Relocation of various government ministries to the north to part fulfil the promise of new jobs left vacant by the failure of the Conservatives northern powerhouse project.
Military Compensation Act
16. Compensation of soldiers injured in Iraq and other middle east conflicts including long-term psychological and medical support.
17. Housing, education and retraining of ex-soldiers.
18. Immediate ceasing of £120 million investment in the Conservative planned 2022 mockery 'Festival of Britain' Brexit celebration (including sale of land sites) to raise funds for a new veterans hospital including extra needed support for injured and homeless soldiers.
Banking Liability & Compensation For Austerity, Act
"The cause of the American Revolution was the British parliament's unfair levy of taxes on the people of the colonies." Ben Franklin
20. Public takeover of private banks that refuse to cooperate.
21. Set up of wholly independent tribunal to investigate bank failures and corruption by senior bankers including criminal prosecution with substantial prison tariffs.
22. National monument to be created in memory of those who have died due to austerity.
23. Publication of true unemployment and poverty figures.
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies ... If the (American) people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless." Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the US, 1809
Economy: Mittelstrand / Small Business Development Act
24. Develop a national business model based on a Mittelstrand business model with 30 to 50 year plans.
(Several new public banks would be created that would fund and invest in small businesses aiming to be 50% of GDP of the economy within 10 years.)
25. Focusing on rebuilding the high street with sustainable businesses with a national target of 50% of food consumer space in towns and cities owned by small businesses under 50 people within 10 years.
Emergency Climate Change & Sustainable Act
26. Immediate major investment in community renewable energy with the aim of 100% renewable by 2030 through creation of new citizens energy bank.
27. (1) Set up of public environmental & climate change security and intelligence agency with mandate to reverse global desertification.
(2) Major investment in Africa with the long term goal of halting mass migration to Europe due to extreme climate change and war over scarcity of water and resources.
28. Immediate end to fracking in the UK.
29. A major network of hi-tech green small villages of at least 10,000 to be build across UK through grants from a new government backed 'Small Home Bank'. Sustainable material used under the Tiny House Movement philosophy with small ecological farming for residents and a stable biodiversity.
30. Three million small food allotments to be made available. Creation of an app that would enable growers to sell food to sustainable small food business on the high street.
31. Priority to cyclists and cycle lanes on all roads with extensive building of national cycle network with new cycle only roads and facilities.
32. Greenification of the military; transition to the world's first bio military with mandates to help climate change projects globally, helping locally the elderly and poor in the UK with allotment management and sustainable living.
News Media & Public Information Acts
33. The prohibition of misinformation or disinformation by news media online or on social media.
34. Extensive local and national news media, and social media reform.
35. The Sun newspaper is to be banned under a new journalism act. The Times is to be purchased by the state under a new heritage act with major investment in its global journalism reach and reporting with a wider scope of international affairs without the need for advertising revenues.
Cyber Space & National Police Training Acts
36. To increase funding in the cyber and digital space budget with a 5 fold increase in the overall national external security budget including tackling new digital threats including foreign troll farms. An increase in personnel from 16,000 to 48,000 to tackle global cyber and propaganda wars.
37. 100% increase in police spending with 100,000 more police officers on the beat drawn / Major investment in crime prevention and social rehabilitation projects.
38. Substantial investment in tackling the psychological crisis within the national police services.
39. Increased current funding to guarantee police pensions cover.
40. Long term training of all police officers in technology and the area of digital crime.
41. Prohibition of private police companies in public areas or private areas with public access.
Technology Tax & Property Acts
42. Technology tax of 90% on foreign technology corporations (foreign owned subsidiaries) operating in the UK digital space.
43. Buy back / taking back control of foreign owned vacant residential property in London and UK bought for investment only.
44. Taking control of vacant office space to be made available for housing for one million people.
Technology Constitution & Technology Slavery Act
45. Defining the limits of surveillance technology within public spaces.
46. Make technology and news media executives criminally responsible with substantial prison tariffs for live streaming of violence and murder.
47. The strict prohibition of microchip implants into citizens for anything but medical use for a limited period. The banning of microchip implants in all citizens for monitoring of workers or any other reason with substantial prison tariffs for violation.
48. (1) The prohibition under criminal law of facial, sound and sensory recognition cameras and devices in all public or private commercial areas. (2) Strict regulation of Artificial Intelligence and banning of AI where robots or machine learned technology could cause harm or death to humans or a danger to the environment.
Education, Computer Science & Child Data Protection Acts
49. Appointment of cabinet ministers in computer science, foreign languages and mathematics, and a new government ministry in computer science and education technology.
51. All school children to learn English grammar including its Norman French and Latin origins (60%), and Germanic origins, one modern European language and a global language with a different script to Latin.
52. Erasmus programme to be introduced to all school children with at least two terms study in languages in Europe.
53. Prohibition of early age testing, refocusing on creativity, play and experience based learning.
54. Testing results and other data collection on children to be strictly prohibited, until the age of 18, with criminal prosecution leading to prison tariffs for individuals or companies under a new Child Protection From Data Abuse Act.
55. All school children shall have access to a garden or open green space with a living ecosystem as part of their education on biology, environment and the physical world under a new 'contract with nature'.
57. Free school meals for children.
NHS Protection, Public Services and New Travel Infrastructure
59. Take Back Control of the education and university sectors placing them into public hands and not for private profit for our children's good and future.
60. Take Back Control of our energy sectors from foreign owned companies.
61. Take Back Control of the national railways (out of private and foreign hands) with major investment in developing high-speed infrastructure within 10 years.
62. Take Back Control of national technology contracts (5G) out of foreign hands.
Employment and Technology Work Act
63. Cancelling of universal credit and the redesign of the social security system whereby poverty is greatly reduced with the aim of eradication; the abolition of council tax.
64. Reduction of national long-term unemployment and poverty by the introduction of retraining for the unemployed in technology to meet requirements in computer science and programming with a goal of training 3 million within 5 to 10 years.
65. Reduction of national short-term poverty by introduction of a basic minimum wage to all citizens.