Gloucestershire Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre was founded in 1984 as a volunteer organisation. We continue to rely on volunteers to deliver our service. The service has grown considerably in recent years in response to the increased number of survivors seeking response. We are the only dedicated support organisation in the county.
The theme for 16 Days of Action – the international campaign to end gender-based violence – this year is Generation Equality Stands Against Rape. These 16 days are an opportunity for everybody, for individuals, organisations, businesses, politicians and all those people who condemn all forms of gender-based violence, to say clearly that enough is enough. We will not stand by and do nothing.
That is why we are launching our first ever Crowdfunder – 16 pounds for 16 days – asking all those supporters to rise to the challenge and donate or raise £16 to help support our important work within Gloucestershire.
We would love you to get involved in any way possible!
Taking part in #16PoundsFor16Days is easy, and there are lots of ways to be a part of it! Here’s a few ideas:
- Ping an email round your work team and hold a lunch time collection;
- Set yourself a creative challenge like a 16 hour sponsored silence, mastering 16 keepy uppys or 16k (or 1.6k!) run and as your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you;
- Host a film night and ask your friends to chip in a pound
- Bake some tasty cakes and ask colleagues to donate
- Simply share this Crowdfunder on social media and ask folk to get involved!
Any and all money raised will directly support the work of Gloucestershire Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre, which means the money you raise will be directly invested into supporting survivors of sexual violence.
This is your chance to make a difference – are you up for it?