The Cornwall Community Foundation and Crowdfunder are working together to improve the lives of others in Cornwall.
The Cornwall Community Foundation seeks to sustain and strengthen community life across Cornwall. It has given £6m in grants to community organisations over the last 10 years. If you think your project will bring a community benefit then the CCF may be able to make a grant to your project. You can start a Crowdfunding campaign even if CCF has supported you. On occasion, the Cornwall Community Foundation will not be able to fund all of a project, a grant oversubscribed, or a project might not be eligible for the funding available at that point in time. If you find yourself in this situation then Crowdfunder can help you raise the funding you need.
Crowdfunder is a UK (Newquay) based digital crowdfunding platform that helps people turn their ideas into reality. Crowdfunding is one of the fastest growing alternative finance sectors in the world. In the UK it’s estimated that £2.5 billion has gone into projects via crowdfunding so far and Nesta., the innovation charity, say that crowdfunding grew by 388% last year. We're the largest UK based crowfunding platform, have helped 1000's of projects raise millions of £'s.
How does it work?
1) If you want to run a project, first you decide on the amount you need to raise, and explain how you are going to use the money through an online video.
2) Once your project page is live you invite your customers and potential supporters to back your project with cash
3) In return for backing your project that person receives a 'reward' from you. Rewards are normally a product, service or experience that is produced by the project.
4) If your project reaches its target all the funding is released to you
5) With the money, you must distribute rewards to your backers and start making your great ideas happen
Many project owners tell us they learn entrepreneurial and marketing skills in the process of crowdfunding and promote their project to new people who will help in many ways over the coming years.
How it's worked before
Do you have an idea?
The Cornwall Community Foundation
As a charitable foundation, CCF have the expertise, CCF have the expertise and local knowledge to help donors support the local causes and charities they care about, enabling them to make an impact through their giving. We identify issues of importance to our donors and award small grants to grassroots, front line, volunteer led organisations on their behalf - making a real difference to people’s lives across Cornwall.
We support local charities, community and voluntary groups in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We award small grants to grassroots, front line, volunteer led organisations who are making a positive impact in their area. Our aim is to overcome challenges of disadvantage, exclusion and poverty for all ages. We welcome applications from both new and established groups.