Do you want to help someone achieve their dream? We do.
We are launching a new scholarship program to give young people in developing countries the opportunity to study and realise their desires to give back to their communities. Our goal is to award 10 scholarships by December 2016 to students in countries such as Malawi, Sri Lanka, and Nepal.
Why scholarships? The most effective ideas for community development come from within those communities. With scholarship funds to enable young leaders to study community development within their own context, we will be giving them a helping hand to develop their own ideas and solutions, and have the confidence to take them forward, to lead the change they want to see.
We are a newly registererd community interest company - Watipa - and are working for equal societies, just development and better health around the world. We are an ethical company, run by a collective of professionals with multiple years of experience working in and with communities in Malawi, Sri Lanka, Australia, UK, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Kenya, Ethiopia, Myanmar and many more.....
With your help, our scholarships will fund young people to study (course costs) and live better (stipends for materials and living expenses) for 1-3 years depending on each of the student's individual needs. We will also connect them with mentoring opportunities from their peers as well as through our professional networks. All money raised will go directly to support the scholarships.
Your money will pay for:
- £20 = living expenses (food, transport, rent) for one student for one month.
- £50 = books and materials for one student for one semester.
- £100 = stipend for living expesnes for one student for one semester.
- £500 = total scholarship (tuition fees + living expenses) for one student for one semester.
- £1,000 = total scholarship (tuition fees + living expenses) for one student to finish secondary school. We will name a school scholarship after you (if you wish).
- £3,000 = total scholarship (tuition fees + living expenses) for one student for one higher education course. We will name a higher education scholarship after you (if you wish).
100% of the funds that Watipa receives will be spent directly on the scholarships. The website and credit cards retain a small % of the transaction costs.
*The payment is quick and easy through this site, and if you would like to sign up for our monthly e-newsletter please do so from www.watipa.org (the one listed on the payment page is for Crowdfunder)
About Watipa Community Interest Company
Watipa is hope.
Registered in June 2016, Watipa Community Interest Company (CIC) is a newly established social enterprise working to enable equal societies, just development, and equal health for all. Drawing on decades of experience in national and international development, we aim to creatively and collaboratively work to catalyse change and advocate to maintain what works responding to the dynamics and current realities of different contexts around the world.
Our work covers five main areas:
- Technical advice and professional consultancy.
- Participatory training and capacity development.
- Relevant research with practical applications.
- Internships and exchanges.
Who are we? Our Watipa team is unique. We listen to communities, so that our work meets people where they are. We work together with communities to co-create processes of effective, inclusive and sustainable social change.
Meet Watipa, the seven year old girl in Malawi who embodies courage, determination and hope for a better, just and more equal future. We named our social enterprise after her. In Tumbuka, her local language, Watipa literally means ‘has been provided for.’
Thank you for your support, and for helping us to fund scholarships to support young people to achieve their dreams and be a part of the change they want to see in their own communities.
Contact us at email@example.com with your comments, suggestions, ideas and feedback. We would love to hear from you!