Vi aims to offer a wide range of convenience produce catered to the Allergen Aware Diet and consumers with an interest in clean healthy eating.
We are the only manufacturer in the North East to produce in a 'Clean Environment'. This means the entire production unit occupied by the business and under our control, including canteen and factory offices, does not have the 14 Allergen containing products on it. We are committed to maintaining a high standard in both taste and quality.
Our range is designed to cater for allergen-aware diets. Non of our products contain any of the 14 known Allergens as advised by the Food Standard Agency .
- cereals that contain gluten (including wheat, rye, barley and oats)
- crustaceans (including prawns, crabs and lobsters)
- lupin (lupins are common garden plants, and the seeds from some varieties are sometimes used to make flour)
- molluscs (including mussels and oysters)
- tree nuts – such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamia nuts
- sesame seeds
- sulphur dioxide and sulphites (preservatives that are used in some foods and drinks)
The gluten free flour we use comply with the gluten limit of less than 20ppm or they are naturally gluten free.
We continually review our allergen labelling and always ensure this is clear on our products to give you a transparent view of what’s inside.
We are a brother & sister team decendents of Chinese origin, born in Vietnam. We came with our family to the UK in the 1980s as Vietnamese Boat refugees.
Our sauces are derived from our own family recipe and carefully adapted so everyone is included, without losing quality or flavour. The whole family can share a healthy hearty meal together without the fuss of separating out meals for those with dietary requirements. Having a food intolereance doesn't mean you have to eat alone or settle for boring flavourless food.
We take all the hard work of the mixing and measuring away, as all the spices are already blended and cooked to perfection. We have carefully sourced our ingredients from ethical suppliers. All ingredients are organically grown for purity. They are very tasty and healthy convenient sauces. All you have to do is prepare your choice of fresh meat and/or vegetables and pour in our tasty sauce for a healthy nutritious meal in less than 15 minutes. Quick, easy and fresh.
Our Great Tasting Sauces:
We want to take your tastebuds on a journey. Enjoy the freshest ingredients and learn about the origins of our famous dishes on offer. We pride ourselves on bringing you the authentic tastes using well sourced local ingredients.
Our First stop Vi brings home the exciting flavours of Vietnam, bringing people together by drawing cultural bridges around the concept of food and travel.
Come and join us. Discover the distinctive and exciting taste of true Vietnamese Food.
Cà Ri Immerse yourself in the Vietnamese Curry - It’s hearty curried stew great with any meat, seafood or a melody of vegetables. Its incredibly aromatic and the flavours get better over time. The rich Cà Ri can be served with jasmine rice, chips or served with a crusty baguette to dunk in the sauce.
Sốt Chua Ngọt Vietnamese Sweet And Sour Sauce is a traditional sauce that’s popular in Southern Vietnam and sometimes used as a condiment. The sauce has a perfect blend of sweet, tangy sourness and spiciness.
Tuong Ot Toi The Vietnamese aphrodisiac - Chili Garlic Sauce is a bright, fresh, hot sauce and sometimes used as a condiment that has a pleasant taste but doesn't burn or take out all your taste buds. Perfect as a marinade too for a Vietnamese style barbeque.
Cantonese Sauce Vi celebrates the Cantonese Sauce a flavour introduced by the Chinese. Hai Phong, founded as a seaport province in Hanoi. It has a large population of Chinese immigrants mainly from the Canton Region of China, due to trade in the Northern coast of Vietnam and China. This sauce is rich in flavour: thick, fruity and tangy.
Being a small manufacturer gives us the chance to be creative, flexible and innovative within the incredibly exciting UK food and drink scene.
However, being a small 100% independent manufacture company has its drawbacks. We need to expand our production facilities to enable us to meet the demands of our trade and wholesale customers.
WHAT DO WE NEED THE MONEY FOR?
We plan to use your pledges to up scale our production unit. This means we will no longer need to keep customers waiting and we can get our sauces out to retailers near you much quicker. Increased production will lead to creating new opportunities and economic growth to the area.
WHY SHOULD I PLEDGE TO YOUR PROJECT?
1) You will be supporting a fledging UK based manufacturers: as well as the manufacturer and installation firm being UK based, we source the vast majority of our ingredients and packaging from local and UK wide companies where possible.
2) Contributing to the growth and success of the North East: Your support will directly contribute to the continued growth of the North East Economy. We are looking to grow and create between 5-10 new jobs in the next 12-24 months.
3) Gift of a second chance in life: We are working with local charities to identify suitable candidates for employment and donating any excess produce to local foodbanks and other similar charities.
4) The rewards we're offering are either of greater financial value than your pledge, or are exclusive to this crowdfunding project: not only do we include cool branded items (such as bowl and chopstick set or mini rice cooker/foodwarmer) and mixed cases of our sauces as rewards, but some of the items are exclusive to this specific crowdfunding project, and almost all of the rewards are of a greater retail value than the pledge...Hmmm...Nice.
5) For every Pledge you make, we will also enter your name in the free prize draw for a return ticket to Vietnam (Flights from UK Airports only, excludes transfers, accommodation, Food & Drink), so you can experience your own taste journey of Vietnam.