OUR GOAL IS TO FACILITATE INSTANT ACCESS TO EFFECTIVE MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT, AVAILABLE TO ALL IN THE UK...
EVERY DAY IN THE UK AND PROBABLY WORLDWIDE, PEOPLE SUFFERING FROM A SERIOUS ILLNESS ARE LEFT TO THEIR OWN DEVICES; LEFT TO TRY IN VAIN TO GET ON WITH THEIR LIFE; THE TREATMENT THEY ARE GIVEN JUST PAPERS OVER THE CRACKS; VULNERABLE; MAYBE HOMELESS; UNABLE TO GET FOOD OR PROPER SHELTER; AFRAID AND ALONE BECAUSE THEY ARE ILL.
ALL THE WHILE THERE SEEMS TO BE NOTHING THEIR FAMILY CAN DO TO EASE THEIR PLIGHT. ALL THE WHILE THERE IS NOT THE FUNDING AVAILABLE FOR ARGUABLY ONE OF THE BEST HEALTH SERVICES TO BE ABLE TO GIVE THEM THE TREATMENT THEY NEED. THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE WITNESSED FOR SEVERAL YEARS. THIS HAS TO CHANGE - WITH YOUR SUPPORT IT WILL...
Unity Conception is the title of an E-book that will be self-published imminently.
Aims of Unity Conception:
- To challenge the way which society views Mental illness in the United Kingdom, then Worldwide; and
- To vastly improve access to and treatment of mental illness in the United Kingdom.
How do we plan to do this?
We need everyone’s attention…
At the start of the book, you will note our intention to set up petition(s) which will be delivered to some very powerful bodies once targets are met for signatories. Among other desperately needed measures, these petitions will call for:
- The families of those suffering from severe mental illness to be given power of attorney in administration of treatment for their loved one.
- Legal requirement for the presence of at least one member of staff with full mental health first aid training at schools throughout the U.K.
- A dedicated mental health team at every NHS accident and emergency department throughout the U.K. with adequate resources for instant provision of treatment for a patient experiencing a crisis.
The reason behind these petitions is not necessarily to bring about the changes in treatment which are discussed in the book. The strategy is to illustrate the birth of a new widely held attitude. Unity Conception outlines how treatment can and will be effectively administered with a view to reaching our goal.
Once Unity Conception has the attention of these bodies, the momentum which the funds generated from sales of the book gives this approach and the results achieved by the changes, should attract these bodies towards embracing the change in attitude towards and treatment of mental illness. Once that happens, there is no limit to what long term results these changes can achieve with the backing of, for example, the government of the United Kingdom. Our aim is for these changes to gather pace with or without that assistance.
The funds generated from global sales of Unity Conception will be channeled towards the set-up of a number of organisations which we hope will be granted status as Community Interest Companies (regulated in the U.K.), all under the one umbrella called Unity.
The goal of Unity will be to facilitate the vast improvement of mental health – prevention and cure – treatment available, while socially and economically empowering sufferers: from diagnosis and swift ongoing treatment right the way through to re-housing and re-employment if necesary; and offering strength to the challenge of removing the shackles of illness and unintended reliance on welfare state benefits.
All of the Community Interest companies forming Unity will have this goal as their underlying core objective and (in line with U.K. Regulations) in excess of 65% of profits generated by each of these companies will be re-invested towards reaching the above goal. Remaining profits will be channeled towards the growth of each company
So why have we launched this Crowd funding campaign?
There are three reasons:
- To self-publish the book requires funds – not only to have it on the ‘shelf’ available for sale to a worldwide audience, but also for artwork and marketing. Therefore, we are seeking help from the public here in the U.K. (and abroad) to give this project the final, crucial push it needs to become a reality. In return for this assistance, for the duration of this campaign, Unity Conception is available to those who pledge prior to the global launch.
- In addition to other marketing tools, the main driving force behind sales of the book will be word-of-mouth advertising, so your initial and pioneering involvement in this word-of-mouth campaign will be absolutely crucial to the success of the book both in the U.K. and then globally.
- Unity Conception represents phase one of a long term, multi-phase, sustainable plan to make instant access to effective mental health treatment available to all. Once the book is launched globally, as soon as this crowd funding campaign is complete, excess funds raised will immediately be allocated to provide the resources necessary for Unity Conception to grow and to give phase two – bringing treatment and service providers together in one forum – the head start it will need prior to its launch along with an event in the first half of 2016. Unity (Umbrella) will then be born on World Mental Health day 2016 with a number of events to mark the occasion.
AS A HUGE THANK YOU...
Please note that as a bonus reward, if we reach our target level five below, then every single person that pledges (regardless of the amount pledged) will be entered into our Annual Holiday Draw which will give the selected member drawn at random a holiday for them and up to 5 family members! Cost of flights and accommodation included.
Additionally, all those who pledge will receive a voucher entitling discounted entry to one of the launch events marking the birth of Unity, to be held on or around World Mental Health Day, October 2016 (All details of events yet to be confirmed)
Why become a member of Unity Conception?
The Community Interest Companies which form under the umbrella of Unity will cover a wide range of services available to the general public. These services will include (but not be limited to) literature, food and dining, education, events, health and fitness just to name a few of the many which are planned.
The huge benefit of being a member of Unity Conception is that you will be part of it. In recognition of your assistance at this crucial early stage, as a member you will receive discounts across the whole brand for the term of your membership.
Due to the very diverse nature of these services, it is impossible at this stage to give exact figures for the discounts that will be available. However, the discounts available should be greater than the amount paid in subscription. Our word is our bond.
Additionally, Members will receive monthly newsletters and exclusive offers across the whole brand.
Following the completion of this campaign, membership will range from GBP 2 per month (standard); GBP 10 per month (Gold); to GBP 20 per month (Platinum). The discounts available will reflect the level of membership.
Most importantly, the income from these subscriptions will form funds channeled towards the instant provision of effective treatment for those in need when they need it.
What are our targets for this campaign and what will we achieve?
Target level one: GBP 5,000 campaign total pledges required
Will enable us to self-publish the book globally; Commence marketing campaign; Set up initial communication & technology systems.
Target level two: GBP 20,000 campaign total pledges required
Will enable us to achieve all of Target level one plus – Secure new office premises to support our growing team in their effort to reach our overall goal. We are searching for a serviced office in need of no work, so refurbishment costs are not required. We will also be able to furnish the office with additional equipment required.
Target level three: GBP 30,000 campaign total pledges required
Will enable us to achieve all of Target levels one & two plus – cover the rental expenses for the new premises for 6 months to 1 year.
Target level four: GBP 45,000 campaign total pledges required
As with Target levels 1,2 & 3 plus – these extra resources will allow us to recruit further staff who share our vision which will ultimately speed us up in pursuit of our goals.
Target level 5: GBP 60,000 campaign total pledges required:
As with Target levels 1,2,3 & 4 plus – We will be able to bring forward plans for the development of phase two. Although we would still aim for launch of this phase in Spring 2016, the process will be stream-lined for greater efficiency.
With your help, the monumental shift in the way that mental health is viewed by us all and treated by the system will become the distinct probability that so many millions of people suffering in silence and their families need so desperately.
Thank you in advance.