Creating bespoke theatre workshops in London's West End since 2006!
Drama does not exist on the National Curriculum.
London is the theatre capitol of the world.
We believe more can be done to provide young people with confidence building, inspiring drama workshops, to give them the best theatre experience possible!
The number of students studying drama GCSE dropped 23% between 2003-2013 and arts education funding has been cut for decades (The Warwick Report, 2015), yet the creative industries generates £84.1bn to the UK economy.
Drama, more than any other arts subject, builds confidence, inspires creativity, and nurtures vital social and life skills. We see the impact it has on young people in every workshop we deliver, and it has been proven that participation in the arts benefits many parts of young peoples education and personal development.
"Days like this really enhance the curriculum" Vally Park Community School
The Last Ten Years:
Created in 2006, we have developed the official education programmes for over 30 major West End plays and musicals, and created an unrivalled range of bespoke workshops which cover all aspects of theatre performance, tailored to any West End production.
We have also run summer schools, staged productions, hosted student conferences, and we now cater for over 8,000 students a year from all over the world as part of their theatre visits!
Our broad range of bespoke theatre programmes include:
- Educational drama workshops for schools and student groups
- Teambuilding events and developmental training programmes for corporate clients
- Fun and entertaining party packages for stag and hen parties, social groups and arts festivals
- Summer schools and short courses
- Group hospitality services, including theatre tickets, tours, meals, travel and accommodation
We have had some amazing experiences in the past ten years. We taught 3,000 people the Mambo in Trafalgar Square before a screening of Dirty Dancing; created the English Theatre in Venice with a production of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing; and we have worked with so many truely outstanding productions.
However, we feel we have barely started and have so much more we can do. The next ten years will be amazing!
The Next Ten Years:
Everything we have achieved has been down to our experience, expertise and our passion for what we do. Imagine what we could achieve with just a little bit of support.
Winning VOOM would help us achieve all of our future goals, which include:
- Expanding our summer school programme, creating courses and workshops throughout the year for students of all ages
- Investing into our support fund, subsidising drama training for schools and students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Growing our educational workshops for schools
- Establishing a studio of our own in the heart of London's West End
Our lack of funding has meant we have barely scratched the surface of Theatre Workout's potential. With your support we can achieve so much more and give young people life-changing experiences through theatre.
As part of our future investment plans, we plan to invest into the development of new courses and activity programmes for young people, funneling profits into the fund to the Theatre Workout Support Fund. This will allow us to subsidise drama training for schools and students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Through our Crowdfunder campaign, you can contribute to our investment plan and help us create much needed opportunities for deserving young people to get the training they need.