Great classical music. In a pub. Help us make it happen monthly.
For ten years, musicians from the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment have blazed a trail with The Night Shift. These are informal concerts where you can interact with the players, relax with a drink, and don’t have to be an expert to enjoy it.
It’s classical music, minus the rules – and it’s proven extremely popular.
Since 2011, we’ve occasionally taken The Night Shift into pubs around London. The reaction from audiences, players and the press showed that this wasn’t enough. So now we want to make The Night Shift pub gigs happen monthly. And we need your help.
Why do we need your money?
Starting on Tuesday 29th March, 2016, we’re planning monthly Night Shift gigs rotating between venues in East, North and South London.
- The George Tavern, Shadwell
- Old Queen’s Head, Islington
- CLF Art Café (The Bussey Building), Peckham
But even if we sell every ticket, we’ll still lose money on the gigs – it’s all part of our commitment to make the shows as accessible to as many people as possible. We need to hit our fundraising target to ensure we can deliver The Night Shift each month for the rest of 2016.
Your money will go towards:
- Our musicians. We don’t do The Night Shift on the cheap. The musicians are always the top-levels professionals that perform in our concerts at the Royal Festival Hall, Glyndebourne and elsewhere. We need to pay them not just for the performance but also rehearsal time.
- Keep ticket prices low. We don’t want to charge more than £10 a ticket, so it’s affordable for young people struggling with high housing costs and student loan repayments.
- Get people excited by classical music. The Night Shift is seen as the most innovative and successful series of classical concerts for young people, perhaps anywhere in the world. Help us reach more people than ever before!
We have some great rewards lined up – and your own special title for joining the Order of the Night Shift.
Thanks for helping us to bring music to your local.