We are creating a family orientated state of the art practice, recording and performance facility, that will act as a hub for any music and arts activities within the Airdrie and North Lanarkshire area, offering the opportunity for tuition and practice for all age groups and levels.
As keen musicians and performers we recognise the importance and the amazing benefits music can have on individuals and families alike. We also understand the positive effect that can be had with tuition, top of the range equipment and a good surrounding and environment.
About the project
When you mention music in North Lanarkshire, bands such as Soup Dragons, BMX Bandits, Teenage Fan Club, Hue and Cry, The Silencers and The Vigo Thieves spring to mind and we hope to emulate their success. We envisage The Music and Comedy Studios will be the hub of music in this area.
Our focus is performance you can practice and record as much as you like but the buzz you get from hearing fans sing your songs back to you, from putting on a performance and seeing the smiling faces in the audience there is nothing in the world like it. We hope to give artistes the space to practice and perform in an arena where they feel comfortable, where they can express themselves, where they can bring their own music to life no matter the genre.
The premises (Clarkston Miners Club); is an old social club, we plan to develop it to include
- Main Stage/hall
- A 150 capacity hall for seated gigs; Standing audience to be confirmed.
- Fully established back line and lighting
- The main hall will be easily converted for functions such as race nights or parties: with seating for up to 210.
- Private area for bands
- Showcase and charity events;
- Video recording system for bands promotional material.
- Practice Studios
- Sound proof practice studios
- Fully equipped with desk, drums, speaker monitors and microphones
- Recording studio
- Kitchen area for snacks
- Bar facilities
- Beer Garden
Our space is totally flexible and will be available to all members of the local community for fund raising events, celebrations and functions. We will also be developing a system that will allow all members of a family to come and watch their big brothers or sisters, mums and dads perform on our stage.
What will the funding be used for?
We have had to increase our offer for the purchase of the building and the funding for this is close to being secured, however this has left us with a short fall for equipment and developing the practice rooms, it’s with this we are asking for your assistance. As our aim is to create a new and exciting space to attract artistes from all over North Lanarkshire and beyond, we realise that our offering needs to be special and unique.
With that in mind your funding will enable us to:
- Build and populate the main stage with modern sound and lighting equipment fit for the most demanding of artistes.
- Sound proof and equip our two practice rooms.
- Create and equip a recording studio.
We have experience of hosting various events for a wide range of customers throughout North Lanarkshire and we now hope to bring that experience under one roof. We know there is a demand and a need for greater space and enhanced facilities which will take our offering to a new level.
Our additional costs for the items listed above are £35,000 and are running costs in Year 1 will be £55,057, in Year 2 £52,561 and in year 3 £52,154. Revenue in Year 1 is expected to be £161,172, in Year 2 £177,289.20 and in Year 3 £195,018.12. Our expected pre tax profit in Year 1 is £46,615.
As the owner of a venue the possible rewards are immeasurable imagine being the venue owner who discovers the next big thing. As a fan imagine being in an audience who saw the next big band playing their first gig in your home town.....yes you really were one of those 150 people.
However we have also decided to offer something more tangible than memories.
If you support us to the value of
- £10 a thank you letter
- £50 a Music and Comedy Studio T shirt
- £100 we will send you a VIP card that will entitle you to £2 off a ticket to any gig. Most if not all our events will be ticketed and this may result in you getting a refund at the door.
- £200 One free event for you, your family or an organisation you are active with. This includes birthday parties, disco’s, Karaoke night, race night, CD launch nights and concerts. It will not include catering. (All ticket sales and profits will remain with the group or organisation).
- £500 - Two free events per year plus the VIP card. All conditions above still apply.
Plus other attractive options.
Where we are now!
We have been named as the preferred bidder for the site and once the funding clears we will own The Music and Comedy Studios and our future is in our own hands.......You can be part of the journey with us!
If you would like to arrange to come and look at both the existing and new site please email