Thank you so so so much to everyone who has donated to us over the last couplle of weeks, we are absolutely beyond thrilled to have made it to £500. We are in the process of making a little trailer for the project and we will post it as soon as we have finished it. Thanks again, we would not be going forward without you! Here are some pictures from our sharing last week!
Exquisite Folly Theatre has been making imaginative and family friendly theatre since 2005. This year we have a new project: The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by Frank L Baum - the author of the much loved Wizard of Oz.
We want to make this show for Christmas this year and we have been lucky enough to have so far received help from Arts Council England and our partners at Ovalhouse Theatre in South London to do this, but we just need a little bit more help from you lovely people to finish fundraising for our period of research and development this February.
Why is this Christmas show different?
- We wanted to create an alternative to traditional panto and other usual Christmas formats and stories. We LOVE this story, we love the world that Frank L Baum has created and we want as many people as possible to experience his world and his characters - live.
- We wanted to make a show that is accessible to people of all ages with ASD, Tourettes or invisible disabilities that is relaxed in its approach to the audience, that is interactive, inviting and joyful. We want to work with people who are experts at making this kind of work like the Tourettes Hero team and independent ASD arts practitioners.
Why do we need your help?
- We need to cover the last of our costs to pay for people's time and advice which is crucial to this period of research.
- We need to be able to continue to talk to venues and producers after the initial research has ended and these funds will help cover postage, printing and other very non glamorous administrative expenses.
What will the show look like?
- The show is going to have puppets and actors and it will be set in a forest that the audience can touch and hear and smell.
- It is going to be colourful and magical, lively and surprising.
Like the sound of this? Then join us on our journey of discovery into the magical forest of Burzee and beyond. It's going to be EXCELLENT.
Thanks for reading!
Lots of love,
The Exquisite Folly Theatre Santa Claus Team
(Amelia De-Felice, Ben Wallace, Clair Willis, Josephine Arden, Neil Frost, Nathalie Gibbs and Laura Mugridge).