Storm Hercules dumped unprecedented amounts of marine litter all over the UK's beaches. With your help we want to organise the biggest and best Big Spring Beach Clean ever to return our beaches to their beautiful natural state.
Your support will help us launch the Big Spring Beach Clean as a nationwide campaign, pay for essential equipment such as bin bags and gloves, and ensure we are able to provide communities with the tools to ensure this campaign has a long lasting legacy.
We have seen many communities come together to help tackle the devestation of Hercules, we want to build on this fantastic work and organise a concerted effort to tackle the marine litter crisis.
The beach cleans will take place between 28th - 31st March 2014.
Our aim is to work with local communities in every coastal county in the UK to organise at least 150 beach cleans and remove over 10 tonnes of marine litter!
With your help we will:
- Organise over 150 beach cleans throughout the UK
- Remove over 10 tonnes of marine litter
- Recruit 3000 volunteers to take part in the cleans
- Encourage coastal MP's to attend their local beach clean and gain their support for our work combating marine litter
- Resource local communities to continue organising beach cleans throughout the year
Thanks to these fantastic businesses for supporting the SAS Big Spring Beach Clean
Sponsoring local beaches: