We welcome the snap General Election as a way to get the Green Party message out to the electorate. We have worked hard to form an electoral alliance with Labour and the Lib Dems, but they have both decided not to cooperate in these elections. If you believe that the county will be better run if we have a strong opposition and to get that at the present time we need cooperation between these parties, then please support us to get our message across. We need your help to be able to provide a strong Green voice in these elections.
Our candidates are:
- Jacqi Hodgson for the Totnes constituency
- Andy Williamson for the Central Devon constituency
- Kat Driscoll for the Newton Abbot constituency
- Win Scutt for the South West Devon constituency
Election campaigns are not cheap. Just to stand in the election we need to pay a £500 deposit per seat - that's £2000 that we need to be able to give our candidates a platform to put across the green messages, and that's before we even consider the cost of campaigning!
Our campaigns are run by ordinary residents living in the area. Unlike other political parties, we refuse to take money from unethical sources and rely on donations from our members and supporters.
How your money can help us
Your donation can make a real difference to us:
- £5 can buy 100 A4 Green Party Posters
- £10 can buy 300 A5 Election Leaflets
- £20 can buy 500 manifestos to give out at events and on our stall
- £30 can buy 10 large boards for gardens, these are key in a rural area like ours
- £50 can pay for 500 leaflets to be printed
- £100 can buy over 1,500 newsletters to be delivered across the 4 constituencies
- £250 can pay for an election leaflet to delivered to every household across one of our priority areas
- £500 can pay the deposit for one of our 4 amazing candidates to stand in the election
- £750 can pay for leaflets to be delivered to every household in one constituency
- £1,000 can pay to fill a constituency with boards advertising our candidates
- £2,000 can pay the deposit for all 4 candidates and help us fight for a fairer future
By making a donation you confirm that you are eligible to make political donations in the UK, and that this donation is not made for or on behalf of any other person. All donations received are subject to the regulations of the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000.
This crowdfunder is promoted by Jan Chapman on behalf of South Devon Green Party, 20 Church Way, Yealmpton, Plymouth PL8 2LA.