What's going on?
Sometimes green poo is a good thing.
Tandem Festival is an intimate, international, and eco-friendly music festival held in Oxford, UK over the Summer Solstice weekend (June 19-21). Tandem is dedicated to bring new audiences to environmental sustainability through the arts.
Nearly everything is in place for a weekend-long aural feast of music and performers from near and far, inspiring skill-sharing workshops, and good old fireside dancing. All that's missing is a good waste management plan!
In this International Year of Soils, help us bring composting toilets to Tandem Festival!
Tandem Festival will be held at Hill End Outdoor Education Centre, a 62 acre site that has been committed to environmental education for over 70 years.
Hill End has been looking to install compost toilets for a number of years because they:
- Reduce water consumption 20-50%
- Eliminate disruption to soils systems through pipeline installation
- Stop leakeage of raw sewage into groundwater
- Won't waste your waste! (i.e. have an end product that can be recycled)
However, due to planning restrictions and cost, this aim has yet to be realised.
Tandem Festival is a genuinely sustainable festival, working ’in Tandem’ with our hosts at Hill End Outdoor Education Centre to leave the site better than we found it.
So go ahead, #soilyourself! (Get it?)
Where will the money go?
Together with your help, Tandem Festival will jump start Hill End’s move toward permanent composting toilets on site.
Your donations will go towards:
- Building materials for the protoype loos
- Running a workshop at the Tandem Skill Camp to build the prototypes
- Planning permission and advice
- Labour and materials for permanent loos
Be the founding funders of a green, harmonious festival site movement, the impacts of which will endure long after the music is over.
- Reduce Tandem Festival’s environmental impact
- Permanently improve an outdoor education site in the heart of Oxfordshire
- Educate the huge numbers of children that visit Hill End every year on the joys of composting!
Other ways to help?
"I wish I could donate, but I'm struggling economically myself."
No worries! There are two other ways to help:
- Our biggest challenge is getting the word out. Please share this campaign on facebook, tweet about it, and/or literally shout about it from the rooftop!
- Tandem Festival is running a two week (June 7th-18th) Skills Camp in the lead up to the festival. All the workshops are led by skill-sharers from the Tandem community and are completely free. By taking part in the workshops you will be helping create this year's festival AND can learn useful new skills.
All I really care about is the music, man...
We'll see if you're singing the same tune after a few homebrewed elderflower cordials at the festival site...But yes, you can also just buy a ticket to Tandem Festival HERE!
Sounds cool! Can I contact you?
'Course you can! Please email email@example.com