Sentas was formed to provide parents and young adults with information, advice and advocacy around issues with Special Educational Needs home to school or college transport.
Sentas passionately believes that changes need to be made to the way SEN home to school/college transport is implemented by Local Authorities (LA's). Currently many children and young adults who are entitled to SEN home to school/college transport are refused assistance by LA's.
We are looking to raise £500. This money will be used to:
- Pay for the running costs of our helpline for a year: £180.
- Pay for the running costs of our website and email for a year: 168.
- The remainder will be spent on meeting parent groups across England to provide face to face information sessions on their children's transport rights.
Sentas's aims are:
- To provide information and support to parents and young adults on SEN home to school/college transport.
- To provide advocacy support on appealing Local Authority (LA) decisions to not provide transport assistance to children and young adults.
- To challenge Local Authority practices that do not comply with current legislation.
Any money donated will go towards helping children and young adults access education, either being denied to them or being restricted by Local Authorities.