New stretch target
overfunding monies will be spent on keeping the pool open for another year
Due to Lambeth Council funding cuts the Ruskin Park paddling pool will close this year unless the Friends of Ruskin Park along with the community can raise funds and reach out to volunteers to keep it open this summer. Lambeth are allowing us to keep the pool open and they are also allowing us to use the water free of charge IF we can raise the necessary funds to maintain the pool ourselves.
A community group has formed in conjuction with the Friends of Ruskin Park to fundraise £5,000 to keep the pool open this summer. Our aim is to have it open for the late May bank holiday weekend through to September.
We know how much joy the pool brings to children and families. It gives children of all ages the opportunity to have huge amounts of fun in the water; it provides a space for people to get together, have a picnic, an ice-cream and just relax. We are committed to keeping it open but we need your help!
We need to raise £5,000 and create a group of volunteers to keep the pool open this year. Any surplus funds rasied will go towards keeping the pool open next year.
This is what we are hoping to do with your help:
- Re-paint the pool using anti-fungal and non slip paint
- Daily litmus and chlorine testing
- Biological testing once a month
- Jetwash the pool at least once a month
The money raised will be spent on:
- Contracting a professional service to carry out the necessary maintence of the pool
- Supporting Magda and Gaia from the Ruskin Park Cafe to open and close the pool as well as carry out daily water testing
We are also looking for people to volunteer to help clean the pool on a monthly basis.
With your help we WILL be able to keep the paddling pool open this year,
Come on, donate now!