The gap between capacity for the NHS to provide rehabilitation and its ability to do so is widening. This project aims to provide a bridge between the NHS and the private sector by building a rehabilitation centre that doubles as a commercial enterprise and community centre for sport, outdoor activity and dedicated day centre for older people with dementia. It will target life long development, socially, physically and mentally.
The location is between three schools and the local college. This part of town contains a large proportion if financially challenged families.
£150 will allow us to register as a CIC
£25 000 will pay for all the architectural and project management support
£1.2 Million will pay for the Land and Structure with legal fees
£2.1 Million will pay for the land, erection of the building
£14 million will pay for
- the land,
- complete internal fittings,
- 10 year infrastructure and staffing
- development of an access plan for traffic so events can be held for fundraising
- a fully installed disabled team changeroom with overhead hoists, height adjustable tables
- fund 5 places per day for people with dementia who cannot afford to attend a day centre
- improve the sports facility in the adjacent schools to widen the provision of sport to more frail people who cannot participate in mainstream sport
- a consulting room for a GP from the local practices to attend patients who are struggling to get to the surgeries