Hannah Bardell – Standing up for the Livingston Constituency and standing up for Scotland
I was elected in 2015 to represent the great people of the Livingston Constituency as their MP for 5 years. Who would have thought that almost two years to the day since being elected to Westminster, another general election would be announced and we’d be campaigning again so soon?
Two years ago my SNP colleagues and I promised to be a strong Scottish voice in Parliament to stand up against the pernicious austerity policies of the Tory government and we did, at every turn I and my SNP colleagues have opposed the cuts that are damaging the very fabric of our society.
It has been a huge privilege to work day in day out, with a fabulous team, for my Livingston constituents.
The job of a Member of Parliament is to stand up for their constituents and raise their issues when they cannot. I have taken every opportunity to do that.
I would be honoured to continue doing the job that I love.
Since being elected I have …
- Lobbied the UK Government to have a small business commissioner with real power to ensure West Lothian small businesses receive payments promptly.
- Worked with charities and organisations the length and breadth of the constituency to support and assist their work.
- Stood up for local jobs and campaigned the UK Government on moving the HMRC office out of West Lothian, a move that would threaten more than 1000 jobs.
- Successfully lobbied the UK Government to consult on the creation of an Independent Aviation Noise Authority (IANA).
- Hosted debates on the floor of the House of Commons on constituents’ issues such as PRIMODOS (Hormone Pregnancy Drug) and the Burngrange Disaster.
- Run two Marathons and trekked 120km to raise money for local charities (Jak’s Den and the Michelle Henderson Cervical Trust).
My team has handled more than 3500 cases, helping constituents with problems with benefits, immigration, housing and much more.
On June 8 we need to send another strong message to Westminster, which is why I’m asking you to help us create and deliver a strong local campaign. We need to pay for a campaign hub, telephones and broadband, leaflets, publicity canvassing and campaign events, in order to ensure we get our message out to as many local voters as possible.
Once you make your donation and the crowdfunding campaign ends, the money will be deposited into the Livingston Constituency SNP bank account for us to invest in our local campaign.
What's more, we also need YOU to get involved. We will be out campaigning every week and weekend from now until the General Election and you can join us to see where your generous donation has assisted in empowering our campaign.
Get in touch - VoteHannahBardell@gmail.com
Thank you for whatever you can give!
*If you are kind enough to donate more than £50 to my campaign, your name and address will be checked against the electoral register to ensure that you are eligible to donate. Your name, but not your address, will be made available by the council on request after the election.*