Poodles and Pompadours was founded by me (Hayley Woodham). I'm a magpie and huge animal lover with an obsession with tattoos, leopard print, vintage & Disney films.
I have founded one successful, award winning independent jewellery brand (Diamonds and Daggers - www.diamondsanddaggers.com) but decided to give up the sparkles to indulge in my main passions in life – dogs and retro fashion!
I live and work in Maidenhead, England with my 2 Chihuahuas, usually surrounded by glitter and organized chaos. Taking design inspiration from the pin-ups and rock stars of the 1940's and 50's, as well as the popular tattoo culture of today; I design and makes all the creations at Poodles and Pompadours by hand, with the final seal of approval given by Bambi and Bear - my 2 gorgeous dogs!
I will have just 30 days to raise the £360 needed for me to complete my Professional Dog Grooming Diploma. That's a minimum of £12 per day that I need to ensure that I reach my goal.
If I reach my funding goal I will receive the £360 and can go on to complete by grooming course and expand Poodles and Pompadours further by finally being able to offer our grooming services. It's my dream to one day own a premises in which I can have my rockabilly pet boutique and grooming salon combined, and completing this course is the first step to making this happen.
As regular customers and followers of my blog will know, I suffer from a really nasty and horrible illness called Anxiety & Panic Disorder. I have previously been housebound by this illness and at the moment I'm doing all that I can do beat it. Completing this course would be another building block for me to get my self confidence back, and as I am unable to work a "normal" job, it will also provide me with extra income to pay my bills and expand my small business to where I want to take it.
I can't do that without your help.
I'm not asking for charity. Each person that pledges money towards my project will get something in return. These are called "Rewards" and they are there to make sure that everyone get's something out of this process. It's not all about me, it's about being involved in a community, and you being involved in building a brand that will hopefully one day become worldwide.
If you pledge to help support me and help my business to grow, you will get something back in return, other than just the awesome feeling of knowing that you're helping someone to follow their dreams.
- For either £1 or £2 you can get a signed Thank You Card from Myself, Bambi and Bear.
- You can donate £5 and not receive anything for your donation other than an awesome feeling and lots of happy wagging talks.
- Pledge £8 and you will receive a box of homebaked sugar skull dog cookies.
- Pledge £10 and you can choose any of the bandanas from our website. These are usually priced at £15 plus postage so you're getting yourself a bargain.
- Pledge £15 and you will receive a handpainted treat jar from our website. Usually priced at £20 plus postage
- Pledge £18 and you'll receive an awesome Poodles and Pompadours T-Shirt that I've screen printed by hand. These are not available to the general public yet!
- Pledge £20 and get a £25 gift voucher to spend on our website.
- Pledge £25 and get a £30 gift voucher to spend on our website.
- Pledge £30 and get a Retro Candy Stripe pet bowl which is available in 4 colours. It is handpainted and personalised with your pet's name on it. These are £35 on our website plus postage.
- Pledge £40 and get 2 for the price of 1 grooming session once I have completed my grooming course. This is only available to local Maidenhead residents.
- Pledge £50 and get a surprise goodie bag filled with handmade gifts and treats worth over £50! Everyone loves a Lucky Dip!
Our project goes live on June 1st. £360 could actually change my small business and my life forever and it would all be down to you.
Thank you for your continued love and support.
Crowdfunder is proud to partner with Enterprise Nation to bring you the latest small business crowdfunding projects.
Crowdfunding helps small, homegrown businesses to raise much-needed funds from supporters and the wider public using rewards and social media.
Find out how Enterprise Nation can help your homegrown business project http://www.enterprisenation.com/funding-offer/enterprise-nation-crowdfunding/