Pond Wife goes to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
UPDATE 25/06: Yesterday we met out target! Thank you all so much for donating - we're going to Edinburgh!!
UPDATE 22/06: Thank you to everyone who has donated so far, YOU'RE ALL AMAZING! We are SO close to our target with only £370 left to raise, so please keep donating and sharing our page with everyone you know! Thank you!!
After our tour of Pond Wife last year, we have since been back in the rehearsal room developing the show, and are now taking the show to Edinburgh Fringe this summer (and further on tour!). We are performing from the 4th - 28th of August at Underbelly Cowgate, alongside our previews in Oxford, Warwick and Liverpool during July. This is a really exciting opportunity for us, and we are so pleased to have secured a spot at one of the most prestigious venues at the fringe - but we need your help to get there!
Inspired by the Hans Christian Anderson story The Little Mermaid and the pop divas of the 90s and 00s, Pond Wife is a “joyfully ingenious” (The Stage) radical mash-up of magic and 90s music, where mermaids and pop stars collide. Throwing a satirical swipe at traditional fairytales, Pond Wife is jam packed with cultural references, strong female role models and a healthy dose of glitter. In an ocean where girl power is queen, join Holly&Ted as they take you on an adventure that is funny, feminist and fabulous!
“Simple, yet astonishingly effective”
★★★★ LGBTQ Arts Review
“A performance collaborative that owe as much to art as they do to acting”
Where will the money go?
In total we need to raise £7,909.46. So far, we have raised £4009.50 through a combination of ticket sales from our tour last year, grants from O2 Thing Big and Farnham Maltings, and with the help of everyone who is supporting Pond Wife on easyfundraising (info on that last one below!). We’re also hoping to raise £900 from previews, £750 from renting out Teddy’s London room during the fringe, and £250 from Holly’s cocktail and canapés fundraiser. That gives us a total of £5909.50. As you can see this isn’t quite enough, which is why we would be eternally grateful for your help! Any donation you can give will help pay towards:
- Venue guarantee: £1852.42
- Compulsory marketing contra: £600
- Fringe registration: £295.20
- Posters and flyers: £188
- Travel: £600
- PR fee: £1200
- Edinburgh accommodation for Pond Wife team: £2999
- Public liability insurance: £100
- Music licence: £72.84
- General office costs (printing etc): £50
If we could raise £2000, we’d have enough to get the show to Edinburgh, which would be AMAZING. And it would be a DREAM to raise £2500 - enough to give us a contingency in case anything goes wrong!
Anything raised over £2000 will be set aside as a contingency, and if not used, will go towards touring the show post-Edinburgh!
As you can see, we’ve got lots of different awards on offer!
- Everyone gets a thank you tweet from @HollyandTed (make sure you give us a follow!)
- For £10, you’ll get the above and a thank you on our website
- For £25, you’ll get the both of the above, a beautiful Pond Wife poster and a postcard from Edinburgh!
- For £50, you’ll get all of the above and an EXCLUSIVE jelly fish scrunchie just like those used in the show
- For £75, you’ll get all of the above and a ticket to a preview or one of our Edinburgh performances!
- For £100, you’ll get all of the above and an extra ticket to a preview or one of our Edinburgh performances (or maybe you’ll want to use your tickets to see it twice?!)
- For £150, you’ll get all of the above and a one of a kind Pond Wife mermaid painting in your choice of colours, hand-painted for you by Holly
- For £250, you’ll get all of the above and we will make your business a sponsor of the show (ask us for more info)
Our website: http://www.hollyandted.com/
Tickets to the Edinburgh run: https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/pond-wife
Tickets to the Oxford preview: http://pegasustheatre.org.uk/?post_type=shows&p=9623
Tickets to the Warwick preview: http://www.playboxtheatre.com/whatson/Pondwife.html
Tickets to the Liverpool preview: http://www.lanterntheatreliverpool.co.uk/?post_type=events&p=1698
Follow us to find out what we’re doing!
More ways you can help
You don’t need to donate in order to help! You can support us on easyfundraising, which means whenever you shop online we will get a donation from the website - and it doesn’t cost you a thing!
Also, we would love for you to share this project with anyone you think might support us - on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in real life or on your blog. In fact, do share our project with everyone you know - it’s a great show and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make the show a success!
And we know we said you don’t need to give money to help us, but we’d love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen. However much you can afford to give, every little helps.