- playBase is a completely revolutionary range of modular home and garden equipment designed to appeal to all members of the family.
- It is our belief that playBase can make a significant positive impact on the wellbeing of any family that owns one; it has play, sport, exercise and relaxation uses all of which are good for our health.
- Each of the playBase modules fits onto a large, freestanding, gyroscope structure called playBase which is an evolution of the classic human gyroscope as used by astronauts, fighter pilots and 1990’s science fiction films.
- Module components transform playBase into the variety of different applications, some static, some movable; they are quick to attach, high quality, robust and generally multi-use.
- The incredibly versatile gyroscope structure provides a unique platform for a multitude of different applications making it a very efficient use of manufacturing resources.
- playBase has no built in obsolescence and is something that could easily be passed down to the next generation.
Highly modular, multiple uses
- The 25 playBase modules currently developed cover play, sport, exercise, study, relaxation and sleep.
- playBase has appeal to all age groups and should therefore keep pace with your children’s needs as they grow.
- All modules have been designed to be switched over in minutes.
- The beautifully simple curved structure makes playBase an elegant addition to any home or garden.
High quality and durability
- The main playBase aluminium components have been engineered to a high factor of safety and the choice of material means they can be left outside uncovered without fear of corrosion.
- Unlike most consumer goods today there is no built in obsolescence.
Future proof and sustainability
- The large range of development modules makes playBase something that is constantly evolving.
- We believe passionately that it is better for our planet to reuse than to recycle and certainly not to discard.
- All future modules will all be compatible with the basic PlayBase structure (unlike an iPad).
- We will encourage others to come up with new module ideas.
Use of funds
- Completion of Engineering Design (Oxford Product Design)
- Tooling (extrusion die)
- Pre-production prototypes