The Reasons Behind PET SHARE
Pets are called humans' best friends for many reasons: not only do they offer unparalleled companionship, but a growing body of research shows they also boost human health, including lower stress and anxiety. Scientists also believe that our reliance on pets is hardwired into our brains, because our survival and evolution depended on animal companionship.
As a dog lover myself, although with a very busy and unpredictable schedule, I find it difficult to own a dog so I often find myself longing for some canine companionship. There are plenty of people in a similar situation who would love to own a pet but don't have the time or financial freedom to commit full time, or their tenancy agreements do not allow pets.
On the other hand, many pet owners have very busy lives, parents with kids who don't have as much time for their pets anymore, or elderly pet owners struggling to care for their pet. They would all appreciate the extra help of having someone taking care of their pet even if it’s sporadically. Not to mention the pets' joy for getting the much needed love and attention!
What is PET SHARE and How it Works
Pet Share is a mobile application (for iOS and Android devices) meant to connect pet owners with pet lovers that live in the same area, who would love to care for their pet in their spare time.
- Clean, simple and easy user interface, similar to Google maps - basically a draggable map - where members can browse nearby their location, to find the closest app users, or they can scroll through the map to a different city or country in case they are planning to travel, to locate someone closer to their future destination. There is also a filter feature allowing members to find the perfect match based on their preferences.
- Pet owners are represented on the map by small paw icons. Setting up a pet owner profile requires uploading photos of the pet, and providing some basic information (pet type, gender, breed, age, training level, etc)
- Pet lovers are represented by small easy-to-spot pins. Setting up a pet lover profile requires uploading photos and providing some basic information (gender, age, availability, pet preferences, etc)
- Besides pet owners and pet lovers, Pet Share mobile app also features Pet Related Businesses - veterinary clinics, pet shops, pet insurers, and pet friendly venues (hotels, restaurants, etc) - where premium app members will be able to get access to discounted services and products.
(Please note that the screenshots below are rough wireframes, just a simplified outline of the final user interface.)
- Free membership: set up profile, add photos, browse other members, and add to favourites.
- Premium 6-month membership priced at £5.99 / $5.99 USD (first 7 days free), which gives full access to all app features (set up profile, contact an unlimited numbers of users, add to favourites, chat, etc).
- Premium 12-month membership priced at £9.99 / $9.99 USD (first 15 days free), which gives full access to all app features (set up profile, contact an unlimited numbers of users, add to favourites, chat, etc).
Further incentives are available for the most loyal app users (i.e. pet lovers who take care of pets certain number of days per month, etc) which would unlock access to special rewards like free extra months, Pet Share branded clothing items (T-shirts, caps, backpacks, etc).
- BASIC: 1 week (24 hours free trial) priced at £3.99 / $3.99 USD, gives full access to the platform, plus 10% off pet products or services with select partners.
- BRONZE: 1-month (3 days free trial) priced at £9.99 / $9.99 USD, plus 15% off pet products or services with select partners.
- SILVER: 3-month (7 days free trial) priced at £24.99 / $24.99 USD, gives full access to the platform, plus 20% off pet products or services with select partners.
- GOLD: 6-month (15 days free trial) priced at £42.99 / $42.99 USD, gives full access to the platform, plus 25% off pet products or services with select partners.
- PLATINUM: 12-month (30 days free trial) priced at £64.50 / $64.50 USD, gives full access to the platform, plus 30% off pet products or services with select partners.
PET RELATED BUSINESSES:
- Free membership - in exchange for offering pet owners discounts on their products or services.
- Premium membership for a monthly fee (amount TBD) - to be featured inside the app, in case no discounts are given to Pet Share members.
PET SHARE Founder
My name is Mirela Cialai, and I'm the founder of Pet Share. Please feel free to have a look at my LinkedIn profile here.
I'm a seasoned Digital Marketing professional with over 10 years of solid B2C and B2B marketing and sales experience, and a track record of planning, buying and optimising ROI performance through digital channels.
Some of my previous achievements:
★ Three consecutive nominations to the British Media Awards for Best Commercial Campaign (2014), and Best Marketing Team (2015 and 2016).
★ Panelist at Mobile Growth London Meetup alongside fellow mobile experts from Twitter, Somo, Founders Factory, and Peak Brain Training.
★ Invited to join a panel at the Inbox Marketing Conference in London, September 26.
I would like to thank all of you for taking the time to read about my project and also for your support in bringing it to life :)!
When Will it Be Completed?
Over the following few months we will be hard at work on the main goal of creating the applications. We will work with an experienced team to first design the front-end, and hopefully deliver the first version for testing before the end of the year. Once the testing is complete we will launch the apps in the App stores!
Every pledge you make is extremely important to the success of this exciting project, and we have developed fantastic rewards to thank you for your support.
Apologies to the supporters outside UK, the savings compared to the regular subscription price can be lower or higher than the savings for the UK customers (depending on the exchange rate).
How Can You Help PET SHARE and Why We Need Your Support
Our campaign's purpose is to fund the design and building of the Pet Share applications for iOS and Android, plus promoting Pet Share through media, mobile acquisition campaigns, Facebook and Google Adwords advertising, and other digital channels.
As a start-up we posses the business skills to ensure that Pet Share is a success, though our skills are not sufficient to ensure we reach an audience large enough. In today's competitive app marketplace, gaining exposure can be quite challenging not to mention very expensive, a challenge which we will be able to overcome only with your help!
So by pledging your support, sharing with your friends and spreading the word, Pet Share will be able to give pet owners peace of mind, and improve the lives of many pets and pet lovers around the world!