I am going to help to improve the standard of living for rural communities & take part in conservation activities to protect valuable areas by rebuilding schools, houses, and also replanting rare and endangered plants in order to protect bio-diversity. This project will be accompolished by myself and the rest of my group, hosted by Camps International which is an organisation created to benefit various developing countries around the world, and to forge a once-in-a-lifetime experience for all participants.
My name is Parth Bhatt and I am 14 years old and currently in year 10 taking my GCSE's at Beauchamp College in Leicestershire. This is an important time of my life, when I am starting to find myself and shape my future, and so I have chosen to participate in this project, created by Camps International. I am a confident individual, I am academic and I also involve myself in sports and oher extra-curricular activites. This is the first time in my whole life that I am doing something like this, and during this trip I will be hoping to not only gain lifetime skills, but also the feeling that I have done something in my life to help others for the better, and it has been out of my own kind will. I am looking forward to this, as I enjoy helping others but I have never helped anyone on a scale as large as this, and after this, I will hopefully gain the inspiration to possible start my own charitable project in the future. The full details of this project can be found here: http://www.campsinternational.com/school-expeditions/peru-trekking
About My Project
- The money will predominantly be used for the purchase of rebuilding and replanting equipment and resources, and over the course of the 1 month that I am there, this money will be well spent and the people living in these disadvantaged areas will be a lot happier. The most rewarding aspect of course, is the satsifaction and proudness I will feel that I have done something to make a change and create a fresh start for people who are less fourtunate than me.
- The cost of accommodation and the flight to Peru will make up less than 1/2 of the total cost, and we will be staying in various campsites and hostels around the rural areas of Peru.
- Towards the end of the expedition, our group will trek to the famous Incan city, Machu Picchu, and the largest lake in South America, Lake Titicaca.
- Not only is this going to be a thrilling adventure, but also a chance for me to pick up and develop exixting life skills in order to help others around me, and create a better world to live in.
- I hope that I have persuaded you to help fund my project, and in advance, I am thanking you all for taking the time to read this, and for funding my project.