We're open for business! You can now become our customer at peoplesenergy.co.uk
We need your help - Pledge now (and get FREE energy) to help us grow this movement faster and become a force to be reckoned with, as we take on the Big Six.
THE PEOPLE'S ENERGY COMPANY
75% of the profits will be returned to customers in an annual rebate
You won't hear the big six giving the profits away, we will!
Our customers receive free share ownership within 3 years
When customers stay with us they are given free shares which they can keep as long as they remain a customer. They can't sell the shares to someone else.
Customers can vote and shape the direction of the company
When major decisions need to be made, customers will have a vote on the direction of the business.
We are fully committed to making energy green and fully sustainable
100% of our electricity is from renewable sources. We will offer a simple green tariff that offers fully renewable electricity.
We are fully transparent and open
We will be the first fully transparent and open energy company in the UK! We share decisions, accounts, our salaries, wholesale energy costs openly.
"As seen in and heard on...."
Our Journey So Far
In the beginning….
We were, like many others, fed up with current complicated energy tariffs, soulless call centres and hearing about the Fat Cats from the Big Six energy providers.
Ofgem recently stated that 43% of consumers didn’t trust their energy supplier to act fairly and we had to agree! We thought “how is this fair?” and “how can the ‘Big Six’ justify their actions and the money that they take from people?”. We decided to a make a stand.
In a radical new move, we set out to create a people owned, ethical company where profits and ownership are put in the hands of UK consumers of gas and electricity. Unlike the existing ‘Big Six’ Energy providers, we want to be transparent, give you ownership and give back the profits to you, and we want to offer you green energy.
Our commitment is to create a company you want to stay with long term because you trust us to do what is right for you. You won't have to keep researching alternatives and switching supplier as you will always get the best deal and can trust that you will not be taken advantage of.
At People’s Energy, we aim to keep things simple and straightforward. No more complicated tariffs, no more soulless call centres, no more energy rip-offs!
With your help….
In a whirlwind, this concept has taken the country by storm. We have received an overwhelming response of support from the UK public. People are eager to know how they can do their bit to become part of this new energy revolution.
Opening our doors….
We have taken the big ‘leap’ forward now towards making this concept a reality. With our office now open and our initial team in place, we are ready to take the next step in our journey with you. We will be ready to supply customers with Gas and Electricity by the end of the Summer.
Our future…. with your help!
We have achieved what several people said was impossible! We have funded the start-up of the company by the donations and pledges from our supporters. With the People’s Energy launch just around the corner, we still need your help to make this an even greater movement – keep making waves!
By pledging today,you will be helping create your own energy company. Your pledge will help us negotiate better deals on your energy and help keep the prices in the lower range. We have sufficient funding to launch, but to make this ethical alternative fly from the start, we continue to need your support.
Pledge now to join us on this remarkable journey!
What is in it for you?
We don't believe in taking and not giving back. We are therefore committed to rewarding you back the equivalent of your pledge to us in free energy.
A note to our existing supporters….
A special thank you to all of you who have stood by us, supported us and believed in us so far. We thank you for your encouragement, support and recognition as, if it was not for you, then this would not be possible.
We still need a little help from you too, please tell as many of your friends and family as possible about this opportunity to become part of this movement to create a people-powered energy company! It’s your company now and we need everyone to know about it. The sooner we get a large group of customers, the faster you can get back your reward and also start receiving annual profits.
How you can benefit from referring a friend….
For every £100 pledged from a customer referral you will get one week’s free energy. In order to claim this reward, please let us know your friend’s name and their post code for us to verify your claim, and the reward is yours when they join.
Renewable energy is very important to us….
We want you to know that we are fully committed to making energy fully sustainable. Short term we will buy electricity exclusively sourced from renewable sources. In the medium term, we will invest in renewable assets, for example wind, solar and wave generation.
Being honest, it will take us a few years to realise this ambition. It is not cheap to buy a wind farm. A single windmill can cost over £1 million; however, we will offer a green tariff from day one which will offer energy sourced from renewable sources.
In terms of gas, we will move towards buying green gas as soon as that is possible. This option is not available to us in the start up phase, but as soon as we have the capability to do this we will purchase green gas.
READ THIS BEFORE YOU PLEDGE!
We want to be honest with you - no small print and nothing to hide.
The free energy will be applied to your monthly bill only once we have reached 20,000 live customers and you must remain a customer for the whole period of receiving the free energy. This is another reason you need to tell everyone about People’s Energy! The quicker we reach 20,000 customers, the quicker you receive your rewards in full.
For the £900, £1,500, £5,000 and £10,000 pledges, the reward of free energy is based on the average annual bill as defined by Ofgem. In 2016 this was £1,066. If your annual bill is larger than this, you will only get a rebate that is equivalent to the Ofgem average. If your annual bill is lower than this then we would recommend pledging the amount that best suits your annual spend. Some people choose to pledge two or more of the smaller pledges in order to make sure they get a reward that is relevant to their spend.
We have an experienced leadership team who, between us, have led multi-million pound businesses and ambitious start-ups. Our combined talents have seen us mentoring over a thousand business leaders and providing consulting support to the energy industry.
In addition, we employ the services of a group of highly experienced energy experts with expertise in critical areas such as hedging strategies, IT infrastructure, systems security and energy procurement.
Here we are....
David Pike – I am the leader of People’s Energy. I trained as an engineer and have led leading international companies. I am extremely passionate about building a ‘business with a heart’ revolved around its people. I have two masters degrees.
Karin Sode – I lead on strategy and marketing of the company. I have worked with some of the UK’s most influential companies, for example John Lewis, Scottish Power and Skyscanner. I have a PhD in Applied Communication.
Duncan French – I lead on the finances. I have worked in the biggest companies in the UK. I also worked for a highly successful entrepreneur. I am a Fellow of ACCA.
Tracey Moore – I am the Customer Service Specialist. I have worked in the energy sector for the last year and, prior to this, represented Customer Services overseas for some the UK’s Leading Operators. I believe that it is vital to put customers at the heart of everything we do, and I am very passionate about making a difference.
Nathan Pike - I am developing the Business Systems to ensure they meet the customers needs. I have developed business systems to support customers needs in a number of regulatory environments.
Peter Lederer CBE - I am the Chairmain of People’s Energy. I bring a wealth of business experience from my time as Chair of Gleneagles Hotels Ltd, my directorship of Diageo Scotland and my role as Vice Chair of The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. I have a distinct passion for outstanding customer service.
John Wright – I am the Senior Advisor to the Board. My role is to keep us commercially grounded. I bring a wealth of experience from my time as CEO of Clydesdale & Yorkshire Banks. I am renowned for my focus on putting people before profit.
Do you have a question?
We want you to feel you can trust us and we aim to be totally transparent with you. Here are some questions which you may have about us:
• How is this different to the Big Six? Every company out there will tell you “they’re putting customers first” so it can be hard to know who to trust. Don’t fall for their ‘slick spiel’ - demand evidence. Here is ours. We will return 75 percent of our profits back to customers - no other UK wide company does this. We will also give customers a democratic vote in the future of the Company. The fundamental thing which separates us from our competitors is that we want YOU to own US. We want to keep transferring shares in the Company to you, the customers, until the customers own the entire Company. No-one can sell their shares, and the shares only remains yours for as long as you are a customer of People’s Energy. This means that the company will always be in UK customer’s hands. It also means that we answer to you, not to investor shareholders who will always put profit before the wellbeing of the customers.
• Why don't you just lower the prices? The latest events in the energy market, with the demise of GB Energy, shows that a business model built on a promise of the lowest cost, whatever it takes, is not necessarily a sustainable model. We are operating a ‘cost plus’ model where we set our prices against the wholesale price and then add costs. We don’t base the price on what the competition does. Once we get to the end of each year we will know our exact costs and then give back the profit to the customers in an annual rebate. Fair, simple and transparent.
• Why should we believe that you will succeed? Why has no one else done it before? It’s certainly true, we aren’t the first well intentioned energy company in the UK. What sets us apart is that we are willing to forfeit profits in order to give ordinary citizens ownership. Suggest that to any of the other companies in the market – they are unlikely to want to steal the idea as it would mean less profits to them and shareholders. It is only possible to do when the public funds the company, not ordinary investors. That is why we have our crowdfunding. It’s easy to start off as an ethical supplier and get tugged off course by the pressure of providing your investor shareholders with the returns they expect. Crowdsourcing this kind of capital is a challenge, which is why we need your help, but we simply aren’t willing to let Energy be in the hands of profit hungry investors.
• When will you reach 20,000 customers so I can get my free energy? With regards to the free energy, this will be applied to your monthly bill only once we have reached 20,000 live customers. According to our business plan, we will reach this target within 12-18 months of our business start up. This is another reason we ask you to help us to tell everyone about People’s Energy! The quicker we reach 20,000 customers, the quicker you receive your rewards in full.
• I would like to support more, but the larger pledges are not a good deal for me as my annual household bill for gas and electricity is less than £900. If your annual bill is lower than you would like to pledge then we would recommend pledging the amount that best suits your annual spend. This may mean a smaller pledge, or several smaller pledges.
• Are you based within the UK? We are delighted to confirm that we are a UK based company and have no plans of this fact ever changing. The reason we can say this confidently is that we are a company owned by the people of the UK therefore, with no shares able to be sold on to potential investors, we will always be in your hands.
• What are your prices/tariffs? At this time, we can't say what our price will be when we launch in the summer due to the fact that energy wholesale prices are currently moving up and down dramatically on a daily basis. This makes it impossible to predict what they will be at the time that you will join us. We can however confirm that our prices will be within the lowest 30% within the market and this, coupled with our rewards and annual rebates (after year 1), ensures that our customers have an attractive package at all times.
• What if I want to join you later at a later date? We do recognise that some of our valued potential customers will want to join us at a later date due to being on existing contracts. If you pledge now, your rewards would still apply in the same way as they do for customers joining us in the initial start up, providing you become a customer within 24 months from our launch date. Rewards will be applied to your monthly bill once we have reached 20,000 live customers and you must remain a customer for the whole period of receiving the free energy.
• When will you start to provide energy? We are currently finalising our operational requirements and in the process of setting up our systems. We will be ready to welcome our customers in July 2017.
If you want to know more, please visit our company website on www.peoplesenergy.co.uk, e-mail Tracey at email@example.com , or call us on 0800 311 8001