Passiflora is a new startup business offering Garden Design and Horticultural services in the Midlands region, including Staffordshire, Shropshire and the West Midlands.
We are fundraising for business startup costs including the purchase of a company van and signage that will help us to effectively access a wider area, including the many rural areas around the region.
Horticultural Services will include:
- "Risk Assessments
- Site Surveys and Appraisal Reports
- Soil testing and improvement
- Planting plans and Layout Consultation
- Project Management
- General Garden Maintenance
- Pruning (Hand or machine) and tree/shrub maintenance
- Advice and consultation on general gardening matters, allotments, or any other horticultural related queries"
Design services will include:
- "Consultation and advice on new or existing gardens
- Advice and assistance with planning applications
- Scale/Design Drawing and Planting plans
- Project Management (Hard and soft landscaping)
- Planting and Maintenance plans
- Full Design Service from Planning to Completion with personalised and hand-drawn designs to suit your needs."
Sarah is a 31-year-old mature student and in her final year of an RHS Level 3 Extended in Diploma in Horticulture at South Staffordshire College, Rodbaston, near Penkridge.
Having excelled at Distinction level with her RHS training up to date, she will be continuing her studies and sharpening her skills in early 2017 by undertaking a distance learning Diploma in Professional Garden Design Skills with the National Design Academy.
Since an early age, Sarah has been passionate about Art and Design, with a natural skill for drawing. Having completed her school education with 9 GCSEs, she later went on to study a BTEC Diploma in Photography as well as further GCSE Mathematics with Stafford College. During her 20’s she continued to embrace a passion for the arts, branching into music as well as photography.
In 2016, Sarah looked to retrain and find new challenges within art and horticulture. After 5 years of success in a career within the legal and debt advice industry. Having always preferred the outdoors and being out with nature, she began studying with Rodbaston College. Her studies have also included work experience on the world-renowned 18th Century Shugborough estate and designing/assisting with the renovation of the Great Wyrley War Memorial (Work ongoing as of September 2016).
Sarah has a wide range of theoretical and practical experience in both soft and hard landscaping, including the use of machinery.
Some examples of her work: