Rocketing into reading, Dunalley Primary School are launching their new space-themed library this spring. The walls are to be adorned with all things space related and the children have already produced some amazing art work. At the same time, one parent is preparing to take part in an arts and crafts volunteer project working with underprivileged children, orphans, and street kids in Morocco.
Bringing these two worlds together in a wonderful collaborative project, the Dunalley and Bushbabies 2 day nursery children will make felt aliens/rockets and planets as gifts for the children in Africa, whilst the Marrakech children create space-themed items during workshops as a gift back – think pen-friend only this time it is felt-friend!
What are the project aims?
The aim of these workshops are to provide much needed arts and crafts materials to African children and to promote an exchange of ideas and cultures between UK-based and overseas communities.
How can my business help?
We are looking for local businesses to support this project by funding the purchase of, or supplying arts and crafts materials to run 'Out of this World' workshops in the UK and Africa. In Marrakech these items are in short supply. From felt to facepaints, stickers to sports bibs, anything that can bring colour and creativity into their lives.
We need: felt, scissors, glue, balloons, stickers, face paints, finger puppet/craft kits, board games, and any other craft items light and easy to transport.
Why should my business choose to support this project?
- Your donations will be transported in person directly to those who need them,
- Businesses will be featured in, and presented with an e-brochure showcasing the artwork produced during the workshops.
- Regular updates on the projects success will be provided to you and posted on www.madebymecrafts.net and facebook sites.
- You will be invited to view artwork and speak to some of the children involved from the UK.
- It benefits both your local community in the UK and children in Marrakech.
- The supplies are left in Africa where subsequent volunteers are able to continue running workshops.
This project is supported by
Dunalley Primary School Charity Number 1153823
Bushbabies 2 nursery, Cheltenham
Original Volunteers Company Number 6917187
Michelle Peters will be travelling out to Marrakech on 25th March.