Please support our Dash Arts’ Dacha, our rural Russian country house - an idyllic oasis and performance venue for live music, theatre, djs, films, conversation & more .
**STOP PRESS: WE RECEIVED A GENEROUS OFFLINE DONATION OF £1750 TOWARDS OUR DACHA AT RICH MIX SO ARE NOW ONLY £265 FROM REACHING OUR GOAL - CAN YOU HELP US GET THERE IN THE FINAL FEW HOURS??**
We need your help to enable us to produce our free Dacha this July featuring over 85 performers and audiences of up to 5000. We have already raised financial support from our venue partners and local councils but the costs to realise the design and sheer size of our Dacha family of performers and hosts makes the opening of a Dacha an expensive affair...
Become a Dacha Friend for our time-travelling idyll that will welcome audiences through the prism of an Ukrainian family and their friends across a century - from the turbulence at the end of Tsarist imperialist rule, through Soviet socialism, to the contemporary challenges of independence.
Come and immerse yourself in our enchanted idyll, joining our Dacha family members in the comfort of our summer house, full of things to read, films to see, dressing up, board games and cards, live music and impromptu theatre performances where you will be invited to pick up a script and help us bring to life a classic play from the period. Enjoy a kitchen stocked with vodka, hot tea and snacks, and partake in fevered political discussion with special guest experts, and dance late into the night with a DJ set that draws on a century of Slavic music and culture.
"You were the best thing at Latitude - hospitable, entertaining and off the wall. Thanks, great memories." Alex Julyan
Help us bring our Dacha back to life this summer to delight, challenge and entertain audiences across London. Join us as a Dacha Friend to make it happen!
"Another country, another century, another place felt familiar" Don Rowe
- Each day includes live music, theatre, performance, discussions, film, games & food and DJs
- Rich Mix Dacha 1st – 3rd July, performance 12 hours a day, over 50 artists and family members, expected audience of 3000
"Fabulous, gorgeous space of fire and passion - like being transported to a beautiful village" Maddi
Our Dacha joyfully embraces audiences interested in all experiences - installation, art, theatre, performance, live music and film.
Become a special Dacha Friend and help us make it happen.
"Beautiful space, lovely people and an exciting menu of entertainment" Marta & Catrina Iago
Dash Arts Dacha forms part of our on-going REVOLUTION17: an artistic journey through the lands, people, stories, and cultures of the Post Soviet States.
Dash Arts Dacha was developed at Latitude festival 2014 & 2015, Leyton Midsummer Festival and Rich Mix Bar 2015.
- The experienced Dacha team from 2014/15 will again create and manage the Dachas in 2016 led by Dash Arts Artistic Directors Josephine Burton and Tim Supple who will do all the programming.
- Created by Designer Bryan Woltjen wth Associate Designer/Production Manager Anna Driftmier.
- Fantastically efficient and experienced stage manager Amy Hinds will manage the day to day running of the Dacha.
- Each day there will be music gigs, film screenings, an impromptu performance of a play from the period brought to life by professional performers and our Dacha guests, talks, djs and the opportunity to just relax and immerse yourself in the summer of the past.
"Very unique, enjoyable, immersive, great." Francis Thorston-Greg
Each Dacha will welcome professional performers including: Sasha Ilyukevich and the Highly Skilled Migrants, Muha, Abraham Brody, Russian Revels, Oliver Bullough, Mazaika Duo, Elena Dana, DJ Mourrka, Theatre Borscht's Travelling Vegetable Theatre, chef Olia Hercules and DJ Penny Metal.