We are final year students studying BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology at Nottingham Trent University. Our 3 years studying previous and final 1-year design project are accumulated into our end of year Degree Show, Fluid Vision; in which we exhibit the presentations of our individual design projects, based on the National Water Sports Centre, outside Nottingham.
We are working hard toward making our design projects as successful as we can and our exhibition as triumphant as possible which can lead to potential future employment.
To manufacture and produce a thriving degree show, we are aiming to raise funds for our printing, marketing, publicity and exhibiting materials.
We’re kindly asking interested individuals and groups to sponsor us, in our journey to achieve the flourishing goals we work toward.
People wishing to donate to the Degree Show will recieve rewards as listed to the right hand side. A description of the rewards is as below:
- Thank you card - Hand made card signed by all students.
- Acknowledgement - Your name will be placed in the booklet and appropriate marketing material.
- Booklet - Miniature booklet with pages dedicated to each individual student, booklets will be issued following completion of degree show.
- 10% logo size - This offers the opportunity for company& 39;s wishing to advertise to a large market at the same time get themselves known within the university. Your logo will be 10% of the size of the & 39;fluid vision& 39; logo and will be placed on all marketing material, any queries on this can be discussed; please email the project owner for more info.
The degree show will be held from the 02/06/11 - 12/06/11 all the information can be seen on the website and on the images attached to this page. All the work exhibited during the Degree Show will be photographed and uploaded to the students website if people wish to see the finished article.
The brief for the degree show is to produce the following for a formal presentation to the university, potential future employers, parents and the general public;
- 3D model
- 3D rendered design images
- 2D AutoCAD plans, elevations, sections & details
- Design and Access Statement
To produce the above a serious amount of work is required by each student to look into each different elements surrounding the project of which is based on The National Water Sports Centre in Nottingham which is currently loosing large amounts of income due to the recent handover from Sport England to Nottingham County Council. The out-dated building is in need of complete replacement; however the site has numerous restrictions ranging from being set upon a flood plane to being located within The Green Belt. These restrictions along with the need to have a low carbon footprint means students have to explore numerous avenue& 39;s to come to a cost effective yet responsible design for the building.