The New Cross + Deptford Free Film Festival (NXDFFF) is an annual community-run festival. This year it attracted 2,200 people to 30 film events in 19 local venues. Powered by an enthusiastic group of volunteers, 2018 will be our 7th year.
We bring people together to enjoy films they might not have seen in places they may not have been. We need funding to make this happen again in 2018. For example:
- Two open air, bike powered, family-friendly screenings - each event costs £800
- Training workshops for young people - iphonography workshop cost £400
- Free screenings in unusual venues - each film licence costs £100
With your help we can transform local public spaces into places for enjoyment and cultural activity with events and screenings for people of all ages. All the events are free thus encouraging wide participation.
The beauty of the film festival is that it can only happen thanks to the partnerships between local venues, local event organisers and local audiences. The connections that are made during the festival are long lasting and have a very real impact on the local area. We have found that each of our event producers make over 20 new connections with local people as a result of programming their events.
- Willy Wonka: You really know how to put on a spectacle!
- John Berger Night: It’s great to see something with complex interesting ideas where you are encouraged to think.
- 13th: Thought provoking. Can’t believe what I just saw.
- Priscilla Queen of the Desert: A fabulous hilarious time, forgotten just how great this movie is and the dancing afterwards was just what I needed!