my wonderful 16 year old son decided to cook bacon.. after a near miss a few weeks ago with bacon under the grill (he left it under and forgot about it!) he decided he would cook it in the frying pan on the hob. at least this way he wont be able to walk off and leave it i thought. Little did i realise he had turned the grill on by mistake whilst cooking! 25 min later, he was upstairs munching his sandwhich.. the smoke alarms went off, the grill was still on.. with the door shut! i ran in the kitchen to thick black smoke and flames pouring out the grill. he quickly rang 999, and thanks to some fast thinking neighbours the damage was pretty much confined to my cooker.
i have tried to claim on my home insurance but apparently i dont have accidental damage! i thought i did! ;(. im a single mum to 3 teens and work part time, i barely cover the bills most weeks..i really need a bit of luck and kindness right now.