Could you help turn Soap and Candles UK into business?
Hi, My name is Vicky, I have been making handmade soaps and candles for myself and as gifts for family for the past year. Its a hobby I enjoy and find relaxing to do.
Recently due to circumstances beyond my control I found myself out of work, I had been in my current job for 13 years so it was quite a shock and the first time since I was 16 I have been out of work.
So after a lot of thought I have decided to turn my hobby into a business, hence in January 2016 Soap and Candles UK was born. All my products are created, handmade, hand poured and packaged by myself at my home in Leicestershire UK. Also the website I have created and the photography you see has been undertaken by myself.
My Products are natural, avoiding any animal products. My soaps are vegetable based and my candles are made from Eco Soy Wax.
I intend to start by selling online, craft fairs, wedding fairs and approaching boutique shops.
- Vanilla, Sandalwood and Patchouli
- Juicy Orange
- Relaxing Lavender
- English Rose
- Lemongrass and Lime
- Intensity - For Men
So why am I here you may ask, and what am I asking you to help fund?
I am not too proud to admit I need a little help getting the final elements of my project off the ground.
- I have designed and developed my own eCommerce website which is ready to go live but to do this I need £250.00 which will help pay for a years subscription. I have already bought my domain.
- As with all cosmetics that you intend to sell to the public, you have to get your products certified as safe to use by the public. To get 12 different scented soaps assessed and certified it will cost approximately £360.00.
- I also need product and public liability insurance at a cost of £150.00 for the year.
- Marketing and promoting my products at least £500.00.
- Anything left over would go to expanding my range of products, more candle scents, lip balms, beard oils. Soaps and candles are only the beginning and the list is endless.
I am excited about this new and exciting chapter in my life, £1500.00 would go a long way and enable me to finally get my business out there to the public where, I believe it belongs.