The money that you generously give will be gratefully received and used to support a Grant Funding Application to Viridor entitled 'MILBORNE ACTIVE'
We aim to create a facilitiy that is the beating heart of the local community that inspires people of all ages to participate in sport and fitness activies and provides a superb legacy for all.
The main thrust of our project is to respond to the genuine need identified in recent FACEBOOK Polls for a range of sports and fitness facilities (especially a gym) locally. We appreciate that these need to accessible and afordable without the need to travel to similar, more expensive facilities in nearby towns.
A REWARD THAT IS TOO GOOD TO MISS
A significant number of people responded that they would initially be prepared to pay £10 per month for the unlimited use of any (gym) fitness equipment provided. With that in mind a Donation today of £100 will be rewarded with one years' subscription and £50 to six months membership
1. If our grant application is not successful we will return any donation unless you specifically allow us to use it for another mutually agreed future project / grant application.
2. The 'clock' starts ticking on your reward once the fitness equipment is installed and launched (opened, not fire into space!!)
WHAT WE ARE UP TO:
From the expression of interest provided, Viridor has stated that our project may be eligible for funding and we have been given the green light to make a grant funding application. The elements we are seeking funding for are:
- encasement of the veranda with double glazed screen to allow some fitness equipment to be housed
- convert one existing changing room into a further fitness gym
- provision of a range of fitness/gym equipment: spinning bikes, cross trainer, power mills, concept 2 rower, mats, limited resistance training i.e. kettle balls, power bags etc
- outside multi activity centre
- solar panels, enhanced heating controls, insulation to ensure effective use of energy, reduce running costs
- replacement of football pitch dugouts
- rebound netting
- conversion of one officials changing room into a wet room suitable for disabled users
THE BOTTOM LINE
The Sports Club as a locally run Charity does not just want to be seen as a football club, that is not what our stated objectives are within our Governing Document.