New stretch target
We would love your help to buy more seats to make people more comfortable. The total cost of the new seats is £40,000!
The Merlin Theatre community and special needs arts centre is being reopened, we need new seating so you can sit comfortably
About the project
The beautiful Merlin Theatre, set in the gardens of Tintagel House, Nether Edge sadly had to close in 2011 due to flood damage. Now thanks to successful funding for the rebuilding work the Merlin will be reopening in Autumn 2015. This will create a much needed new home for
- Sheffield’s own drama, dance and music groups rehearsals and performances
- Diverse, mixed ability art and creative work from around the world
- Children’s and youth theatre from South Yorkshire, Freeman College and Brantwood Specialist School
- Arts, wellbeing and ecology fairs and festivals
- International summer schools to share and exchange creative work and play
To ensure that you can all enjoy the show and other attractions at the Merlin we need some extra help with new seating. The original seats (although having the highest provenance of being donated by Glyndebourne Opera Festival) are no longer as fresh and young as they used to be and sadly are losing their stuffing. We'd love you to be part of making this local treasure welcoming to everyone. We have many lovely gifts to give you as thanks for your help and support, and every pledge includes a special handcrafted brooch, membership of Friends of the Merlin and regular newsletter.