The objectives of Men In Sheds In Powys (MISIP) are to promote the general well-being of men in Powys through healthy lifestyles and reduce isolation by helping the development of effective, self-supporting sustainable Men’s Sheds, in which men can meet and jointly or individually undertake creative, physical, social and recreational activities of their choice, throughout the county of Powys by
- Promoting the Men’s Shed concept throughout Powys.
- Fostering the development of new Men’s Sheds.
- Supporting existing Men’s Sheds.
MISIP, has already set up one shed in Llandrindod Wells where the "Doddy Fixers" are now at residence.
We have the following sheds in development: Knighton, Newtown and Rhayader.
We are also working with "Help for Heroes" to set up a shed in Brecon for Military Veterans
What is a Men's Shed?
A Men's Shed is a dedicated, friendly and welcoming meeting place where men come together and undertake a variety of mutually agreed activities. Men's Sheds are open to all men regardless of age, background or ability. It is a place where you can share your skills and knowledge with others, learn new skills and develop your old skills. New members are always welcome and can be assured that there is something of interest for everyone as the men have ownership of the projects and decide their own programme of events.
What a Men's Shed is not!
- It is not a formal training programme but you may gain new knowledge and skills
- It is not a sports club but you could play sports
- It is not a health programme but your health and wellbeing might improve
- It is not an information service but you can ask for info you need
- It is not a service for men but activities organised by men
Why would I participate in a Men's Shed?
- Gain, use and share practical skills and knowledge
- Improve health and wellbeing by keeping physically, mentally and socially active
- Meet new people
- Spend time with old friends and make new friends
- Try new things
- Most importantly..… to enjoy the banter and have some fun!