LET'S EXPLORE SOMETHING.....MAKERS SPACE - AN OPEN LAB
I wish to explore an Open Lab for kids where they can discover something on their own.
This lab will not only cover Scientific Discoveries but also Art, Craft, Music, any more Creative fields. A free environment for kids and children to do whatever they wish to....
This Lab is based on the Theory of Experimental Learning where no theories will be taught, children will explore anything by experiments.
What is EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING?
“I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do
and I understand.”
“Tell me and I forget, Teach me and I remember,
Involve me and I will learn.”
THE MAKE IN INDIA : Project will be fulfilled only when we will focus on Experimental Learning :
THE MAKE IN INDIA PROGRAM was launched by Prime Minister Modi to focus on job creation and skill enhancement.
This advancement depends on the quality of education provided to the nation.
Hence there is a need for sound education in science and technology
Today's Academic Scenario is TRADITIONAL APPROACH OF LEARNING :
TRADITIONAL APPROACH OF LEARNING in schools.... Just have a look....
1. Traditional learning methods can slow down the absorption rate, create a lack of interest in the subject and have little impact on the students.
2. Students scores high through memorizing but fails to apply the concepts & principles in real life.
3. Repetitive learning or learning by rote.
4. Traditional tools uses test / exams to measure effectiveness.
5. EDUCATION IS NOT A RACE. RACING OTHERS IS NOT AN EFFECTIVE WAY TO LEARN OR TEACH
6. “Leadership, like swimming, cannot be learned by reading about it”.
We Need for Revolution in Education System : Time to switch over from Traditional Approach to Experimental Learning Approach.
Experiential education is a teaching and learning approach that involves active, hands-on experience. It may occur within the four walls of the classroom, or outside the boundaries of the college campus. Active learning and alternate delivery of instructional content fall under the umbrella of experiential education.
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING THEORY
is also referred to as learning through action, learning by doing, learning through experience, and learning through discovery and exploration.
Life is always about making decisions. Every day people in our societies are faced with the task of making decisions that are important and have long-term implications for individuals. This activities empowers your decision making capabilities and to decide whether going straight ahead or to the right/left is a wiser step.
Imagination is the doorway to adventure. With this Experimental learning approach student’s imagination run wild and made them more adventurous.
It help the students to trigger problem behavior, then identified ways to change these elements of students’ environment to promote positive behavior.
VARIOUS EXPERIMENTAL LEARNING ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY JUNIOR SCIENTIST:
STUDENTS EXPLORING MICROSCOPE AND MAKING ONION CELL
CELEBRATING NATIONAL SCIENCE DAY WITH DEAF AND DUMB CHILDREN
SCIFEST 2014 DIARIES
EXPLORING AIR EXPERIMENTS
LEARNING OUTSIDE CLASSROOMS.....
SOLVING TANGRAM PUZZLES
What We Need & What You Get
We need to raise $25000 to construct a MAKERS SPACE – An Open Lab to develop scientific attitude in the young minds of our country to make them realize the interdependence of science, technology and Socio Economic development and to provide platform to the upcoming hidden gems.
To get us to this point - where aiming to raise $25,000! it sounds like a lot, but we will spend it wisely on this:
- Place to construct a Lab.
- Workshop Area for students to make projects.
- Raw materials requirement.
- Installing a Lab with all spares, parts and tools and materials requirement.
DETAILED BREAKUP OF FUNDS REQUIRED
PARTICULARS AMOUNT IN US$
- Raw Material 8500
- 3D Printer 3500
- Tolls 1450
- Tools Machines 3500
- Furniture 4500
- Light fitting 1050
- Operating Exp. 1500
- Software Development 1000
TOTAL 25000 US$
We are offering unique gifts such as handmade science projects from the students
All funds raised during this campaign will be covering our student's expenses for the upcoming school year.
BEYOND MONEY WE NEED YOUR HELP SPREADING THE WORLD
At its heart, the EXPERIMENTAL LEARNING LAB is a grassroots movement to bringforth the revolution in our Education system. Whether you donate to our campaign or not, you can still help make history. Spread the awareness for Open Lab Concept a free environment for children to make great discoveries.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP :
- Motivate your child to discover something out of junk.
- Share this video, handout, or sample email.
- Spread the word about the # MAKERS SPACE on Facebook or Twitter.
- Stay connected. Follow us on Facebook and on Twitter to stay up-to-date on MAKERS SPACE.