When I moved to England I came to live in Holbeck - Leeds, it's been nearly 8 years today.
I remember ''Falling in LOVE'' with Leeds as soon as I arrived, though I wasn't with Holbeck at the time:
Looked abandoned, nothing going on besides a park I could take my son every morning, a few takeaway and off licence shops.
It felt like it wasn't the perfect place to raise my son.
After 2 years I moved to the North side of Leeds, more lively, more parks, children, a bright place even in winter- hehe.
It just was too far from town and specially my family who were still in the South of Leeds...
I ENDED MOVING BACK TO WHERE I WAS- HOLBECK!
Through out the years I've seen the changes Leeds have been going through. It's growing and getting better and better.
Holbeck is benefiting from the changes too. It's bringing more people and more children to our community.
It's now my perfect place to live, where my son goes to school and I want to live here as long as I can.
Inspired by supporting people I've met through out my beggining journey in UK, I had started planning a dance company 2 years ago. I've been teaching dance, making some events and my partner has been helping me with classes, taking and editing videos voluntarily.
Seeing all the positive changes in Holbeck, there's one thing missing:
A COMMUNITY CENTER FOCUSED IN ARTS , CRAFTS AND SPORTS.
Many young focused activities are during school terms. Some of them are outside the local schools and out of the area wich makes difficult for parents to transport them or getting out of the house after a day of work.
This Center would last whole year in and out school terms , contributing not only to the children but to parents also.
OUR IDEA IS:
- To bring to life an enthusiastic place where children can get out of the boredom of the day-to-day routine.
- Be creative, active with guidance outside home, instead of spending so much time in the street, at home or glued to tv, games and social media.
- Aswell as for the parents.
- From a starting age of 1 year old -90 years, affordable prices with special attention to peoples in receipt of benefits.
The Center would not only bring active energy, would create available JOBS :
- - Dance teacher;
- - Music teacher;
- - Cafe shop assistants;
- - Sports leaders, i.e.: Basketball, football, volley ball etc. ;
- - DBS Checked young carers- someone to look after a child or youngster while the parent is at work or having a dance class for example;
- - DBS Checked Driver to collect children from school/home to the Center and taken home, in request of parents;
- - Cleaners;
- - Paid or Voluntary;
Coming from a place where there were always activities to do, where my parents could safely drop me, keep me and my brother out of trouble whilst THEY'RE WORKING, and having someone to look up to and guide me in addition to them was very benefitial.
We believe it will benefit not only our area, the whole city!
Contributing in a brighter childhood is the best investment for a inspirational future.
WE'RE READY AND WITH YOUR HELP IT WILL BE POSSIBLE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN !!
Thank you very much your for time.
''Our instrument to happiness! We Share.''