Life threatening air pollution only affects cities like Athens, Los Angeles and Beijing, right?Wrong. While it's long been known dangerous levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) pollution exist in Central London, new research by Camden Green Party shows the problem is more widespread than you might think. Specifically, of 44 sites tested by Camden Green Party:
- 80% had NO2 levels above EU legal limits
- All had NO2 levels above the safe levels recommended by the World Health Organisation
- Many backstreets and residential areas showed dangerous results - something that has not been shown before.
Can you help Camden Green Party take action?Air pollution is a menace that, according to scientists at King's College London, leads to:
- 6,000 premature deaths in London every year
- An average of 17 months shorter life expectancy for Londoners in affected areas.
Help us spread the urgent message, that every day we are breathing illegal levels of deadly Nitrogen Dioxide.
By donating today you will help us:
- Produce and distribute leaflets to alert 10,000 households to their local air pollution problem.
- Host public events to build momentum for our air pollution campaign.
**Please ensure you are on the electoral register - this is a requirement of donating to a political party. And you'll need to be on it to vote next year - register here if you're not.***If you pledge £500 or over, you must be willing to provide your contact details and address.*