Lechlade Music Festival takes place in the heart of the beautiful Cotswolds on the Cotswold Water Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty. Celebrating the 5th festival in 2015, the event was bigger and better than before - headlined by Status Quo and with almost 5,000 music revellers rockin' all over the weekend.
With over 60+ bands and performers operating from 3 music stages, 2016 will once again see a programme of top quality live music with performance across many genres. Exciting headliners are due to be announced soon!
The festival's core values are to provide a safe, friendly, family orientated music festival, promoting unsigned bands and providing a live music platform exposing bands to new audiences. Kids 16 and under go free!
For 2016 the aim is to increase the offering of family targeted musical and educational activities. Confirmed activities for this year include:
* Learn to play the recorder (and the kids get to keep the recorder)
* Make your own drum
* Dance classes, including Swindon Indian Association introducing Indian dance
* Craft activities
* Children's fun events with characters and games
To achieve this we need to attract professional practitioners and invest in equipment.
Examples of the types of activities we would like to offer include:
- Kids' Theatre Workshops
- Circus Skills
- Free Play Area
- Music Education workshops
Why should you invest?
- We're giving musicians a live platform - there are a diminishing number of live music venues available
- We prioritise young, unsigned bands
- Our festival provides an ideal opportunity for families to introduce children to live music
- You're buying into something brilliant!
Thank you for taking the time to consider our event.