Help us make London 2016 the Greens' best result ever by running a great campaign to get Lambeth voting Green on May 5.
We have two formidable local candidates standing in the London Assembly elections: Jonathan Bartley and Rashid Nix.
If we can get them – and our other Green candidates - elected to the London Assembly we can begin to tackle our key issues in Lambeth: the cost of housing, air pollution and overcrowded, expensive transport.
But elections are expensive – each candidate requires a deposit of £500, plus leaflets, posters and a huge effort to actually win.
This is a campaign run and funded by ordinary Londoners. Can you help us raise the money we desperately need to be in with a good chance of getting our candidates elected?
This is our best chance ever!
In this election, the Greens could get their best ever results in London. Green Party membership has gone up from 1,000 to nearly 12,000.
In Lambeth, the Green Party came second in the 2014 local elections – and succeeded in electing a brilliant local councillor in Streatham. In the 2015 General Election it quadrupled its vote, beating the Liberal Democrats to come 3rd.
In 2016 we stand a real chance of electing even more London Assembly members along with the two we have already.
With the right funding, we can run an amazing campaign and change London – and Lambeth - for the better.
This election is held under a fair system - every vote counts, and to succeed, we need to be visible in Lambeth. That means spending on leaflets, social media, press work, posters, events, and training for local volunteers.
Why we need you
Unlike the other parties, we refuse donations from property developers, tax dodgers and media moguls. We will not have our principles compromised by oil barons, airlines or large construction firms.
This means we rely on people like you to help fund our campaign.
Can you help us raise the money for:
- Printing leaflets
- Visual materials to display at our local stalls
- Production of a short film for use on social media
- Deposits for our local candidates
- A part-time member of staff to support the campaign
- An IT solution for canvassing and volunteer data
- A training day for local volunteers
Please donate what you can comfortably afford; we will make sure that it is used effectively and will create maximum impact. Every penny will get us closer to the balance of power in London.
- £5 - the warm feeling of happiness that comes with knowing you supported a cleaner, fairer London.
- £10 – An invitation to our post-election celebration party on May 12 and the warm feeling of happiness that comes with knowing you supported a cleaner, fairer London.
- £30 – A Green Party t-shirt (Please email us your delivery details and t-shirt size to email@example.com), an invitation to our post-election party on May 12 and the warm feeling of happiness that comes with knowing you supported a cleaner, fairer London.
- £50 - A signed thank you card from Lambeth's candidates, a Green Party t-shirt (Please email us your delivery details and t-shirt size to firstname.lastname@example.org), an invitation to our post-election party on May 12 and the warm feeling of happiness that comes with knowing you supported a cleaner, fairer London.
If you are able to give us some of your time, do get in touch – we would love to work with you. You can get in contact via:
email at email@example.com
or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lambethgreenparty
Please note: if you wish to donate more than £500 in a year, you must be a citizen of the UK and on the UK electoral roll. Donations over £500 from any ineligible donor will be returned.
Published and promoted by Roger Baker on behalf of Rashid Nix and Lambeth Green Party, at 90 Brixton Hill Court, London SW2 1QX.