The project is to provide after school sessions for children with special educational needs. The after school club will offer therapeutic, educational and fun play for children 3-7 years old and offer some inclusive family opoortunities to include non-disabled siblings to promote family interaction. We will engage the children in music and movement, art, messy play, story telling, craft and sensory activities. The aim of the after school club is to help children develop to their full potential through positive, emotional, physical and intellectual experiences, to provide a stable, secure and relaxed environment where parents/carers feel satisfied to leave their children and a place for children to enjoy a range of activities with children of a similar age. Our music sessions will be run by a music therapist in order to:
1. develop the children's language and communication through music
2. help the children to understand and enjoy stories, books and rhymes
3. enhance the children's listening skills and turn taking
4. help the children tp develop the ability to distinguish between sounds and become familiar with rhyme and rhythm
5. develop children's movement, assisting theim in being able to move with confidence, imagination and safety with the awareness of space, themselves and others.