I'm standing to be the next MP for Glasgow East and to be a strong Labour voice for the people of the East End who are bearing the brunt of the Tories' austerity agenda and the SNP's cuts to Glasgow's budget.
I grew up in Glasgow and the East End is the area I know best and care about most. It is somewhere I've lived and worked and it's where I've seen the real difference Labour can make to people's lives and to our communities when we have the power to do so.
People in the East End need a Labour Government and I'm proud to be standing as a Scottish Labour candidate. The previous nationalist MP in Glasgow East let people down badly. The last thing we need is another nationalist MP focused on independence rather than fighting for our area. My focus will be on bringing jobs and opportunities to the East End and fighting cuts to vital local services.
Glasgow East will always be my fist priority. The SNP's only priority is independence - at any cost.
So I'm asking for your help to deliver a postive, professional campaign over the coming weeks to send a message to Nicola Sturgeon that the last thing people need or want is another divisive referendum.
Thank you for your support - Kate x
Donations to a political party are regulated by the Political Parties Elections and Referendums Act 2000. By making a donation to this campaign, you are accepting the following terms and conditions:
- I am donating to the Glasgow East Constituency Labour Party.
- If I donate more than £500 checks will be made to ensure my name is listed on the UK electoral register (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
- If I donate more than £1,500 to a Constituency Labour Party or more than £7,500 to the national Labour Party in a calendar year, my name and the amount of the donation will be published on the Electoral Commission's website, although my home address will not be made public.
- I must use my own funds to make a donation to the Labour Party.
- Donations are not tax-deductible